Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want the leather steering wheel and the extra radio controls.
Does anyone have an 05 that has this? I have only seen them on the 06
which leads me to believe that If I bought one then the harness wouldnt
be there to support it.

Anyone have any info on it?

This is what I want:

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Lampoon said:
be there to support it.

This is what I want:
The pic your showing is an '05, '06's get a new 3 spoke wheel. The '05 GT demo model I drove had the controls.

The new wheel on '06's

·
Registered
122 Posts
Lampoon said:
be there to support it.

This is what I want:
I have all the controls on my steering wheel. You had to get a GT for the leather etc.

·
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will go take a picture of mine and show you. Mine is a GT but it is different because I didnt get the leather seats. It only has the cruise controls ont he wheel. It's basically the same wheel minus the leather and radio controls. An easy fix (just swap out the wheel w/ a leather one) if
the harness is there for the radio. If not then the controls wont work.....
Is there anyone on the site who works at the Pontiac factory?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't have leather interior, but I still have the same leather steering wheel you showed. All the GT's I test drove had the same steering wheel, whether they had radio controls and leather seats or not. I'm confused!! :confused:

·
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
for 2006 Pontiac.com says:

Steering wheel, leather-wrapped rim, mounted radio controls
1 - Included and only available with front bucket, leather-appointed seats.

So it should only come with the leather package....????
Anyway here is my steering wheel.

Attachments

·
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Robyn can you look at your sticker and see
if it was listed as an option maybe? I cant find anything that shows
what comes on the GT versus the V6 for 2005.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just to let you know if you were to find a new steering wheel the 2 wires to radio needed to make the radio switches work WOULD NOT be in the wiring harness. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I bought my 05 G6 GT the leather wrapped steering wheel was an option. I think it was around $235. Looking at the website specifications for the 06 shows the leather wrapped steering wheel as an option for all models as part of the sports package.

Package – Sport: includes steering wheel radio controls, leather wrapped 3-spoke steering wheel, shifter knob and parking brake release handle

http://www.gmcanada.com/english/vehicles/pontiac/gpg6/gpg6_opti.html

·
Registered
304 Posts
Lampoon said:
for 2006 Pontiac.com says:

Steering wheel, leather-wrapped rim, mounted radio controls
1 - Included and only available with front bucket, leather-appointed seats.

So it should only come with the leather package....????
Anyway here is my steering wheel.
Boy, I am glad we didn't get the wheel you have!!
By the way, what is that stuff on your dash?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I still had my window sticker in the paperwork and the steering wheel was listed to the right of the sticker where it has the additional things on the car. Like the Monsoon system, the shiney wheels, etc..... It took me a while to find a dealership near me that had what I wanted. :bump:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is it possible to buy a leather steering wheel kit for your 05? That's what I want to do with my 06. I didn't get the leather package, so I didn't get the leatherwrapped steering wheel w/ radio controls. I bought a leather kit that I had to sew onto the wheel of my first car. I picked it up at pepboys, and it was amazing, just like a factory made wheel. I went to pepboys again to get it for my g6 but they dont sell it anymore. i have no clue the name of the company that sold it either.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Factory order '06 base model 4-cyl has leather wrapped steering wheel/shifter/park brake handle as part of the Sport Package, along with the steering wheel audio controls. That package on it's own is $325 and you can get it on all models, but on my car, since I got the Driver's Package, it gets included with that. So you can get it on any trim model, regardless whether or not you have the leather interior (mine's cloth). It's that new tri-spoke steering wheel too I'm guessing -- not sure, haven't seen the car yet, it's only due in December/January :-D! But the demonstrator base I drove, with the Driver's Package, had that leather steering wheel.

·
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the GT..so that didnt get the wheel or the wires? I also have te Premium Value package....tht includes the most expensive stereo they offer....
I even have Onstar and XM satellite radio....are you certain that the hearness does not have the wires? I know if you got the Display Center on the Aztek then it had the harness weather or not you got the leather....
Thats what I need to find out. I dont want to buy it if the new radio controls wont work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
One thing you could try is get a 1 day subscription to the AC/Delco Service Manauls online. It costs $20 for 24 hours but if there'd be any information on the wiring (because the harness is likely bundled with something else) it would be in there. BTW, the 24 hour subscription gives you access to manuals for all GM makes/models, not just one specific car. So if you need info on another vehicle, this is the best place to get it. There are diagrams and the like, it's more or less like a HTML/scanned version of the service manuals you can buy from GM Publications.

https://www.acdelcotds.com/transaction/subscription.asp

·
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have the service manuals. Both of them. There are two. About 3,000 pages.
I will look but I dont think it says what came with what package does it?
I will look. I didnt think of that and for the life of me I dont know why.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts