Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want the leather steering wheel and the extra radio controls.
Does anyone have an 05 that has this? I have only seen them on the 06
which leads me to believe that If I bought one then the harness wouldnt
be there to support it.

Anyone have any info on it?

This is what I want:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will go take a picture of mine and show you. Mine is a GT but it is different because I didnt get the leather seats. It only has the cruise controls ont he wheel. It's basically the same wheel minus the leather and radio controls. An easy fix (just swap out the wheel w/ a leather one) if
the harness is there for the radio. If not then the controls wont work.....
Is there anyone on the site who works at the Pontiac factory?

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
for 2006 Pontiac.com says:

Steering wheel, leather-wrapped rim, mounted radio controls
1 - Included and only available with front bucket, leather-appointed seats.

So it should only come with the leather package....????
Anyway here is my steering wheel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Robyn can you look at your sticker and see
if it was listed as an option maybe? I cant find anything that shows
what comes on the GT versus the V6 for 2005.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the GT..so that didnt get the wheel or the wires? I also have te Premium Value package....tht includes the most expensive stereo they offer....
I even have Onstar and XM satellite radio....are you certain that the hearness does not have the wires? I know if you got the Display Center on the Aztek then it had the harness weather or not you got the leather....
Thats what I need to find out. I dont want to buy it if the new radio controls wont work.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have the service manuals. Both of them. There are two. About 3,000 pages.
I will look but I dont think it says what came with what package does it?
I will look. I didnt think of that and for the life of me I dont know why.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I found info on it in 3 places in the service manuals. The steering wheel controls (w/o UK3) on the left is a 4 way F Molex harness. The right is a 5 way.
When you look at the harness that is a UK3 then the left is a 6 way and the right is a 7 way. Those extra wires are the sttering wheels control signal and the remote radio signal. This is listed both under the cruise control (pages 11-78) and under Entertainment (page 11-119). Under the same area there is a paragraph that discusses how it works. Basically it assigns different resister values to commands on the radios end.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
I guess UK3 is the leather steering wheel.
No where in the service manuals does it mention it specifically.

Sooooooo you need a 4 left and a 5 right molex harness to operate my steering wheel which means that you cant swap them out without updating your harness to the 6 left and 7 right M0lex Harness to the radio.

:(
The weird thing is that it only shows one type of connector at the radio and that one is or the 6 & 7.

Maybe the end of the connector harness has both heads on left and rigt depending on your wheel.

I called the dealership and they are looking into it. Maybe there is a cheap fix?
Yaaa...i doubt it.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yaaaa thats why I didnt want the 06 trispoke wheel. That airbag is a house payment!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.