Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I finally got around to fabbin up one of these bad boys.

RedRocket has 1st dibs since he provided me with all the measurements and hopefully when he gets it he will be able to get some installed pics.

Enjoy.

~Bryce

·
Registered
174 Posts
All,

I finally got around to fabbin up one of these bad boys.

RedRocket has 1st dibs since he provided me with all the measurements and hopefully when he gets it he will be able to get some installed pics.

Enjoy.

~Bryce
Looks great Bryce,

So how would you mount this? Directly inside the housing with the red lens on top? Cause in the picture it looks larger than the housing. In regards to wiring did you include the connector to the 3rd brake light plug in or would I have to splice cables? Sorry for all the questions.... It'll probably be around thursday when I can refer back to my car cause she's in the shop getting hella things replaced and fixed from a new power steering rack to a new(ish) stereo.

~Eric

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Does it have that resister so the BCM doesnt think the light it out?

That looks oober sweet. Me next!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Installation instructions would be here. Just follow along. Easy install.

http://anderbrainnovations.com/LED_3rd_Install.htm

You would have to splice into the existing wires as I do not have any harnesses. There are 14 resistors in it already. 1 for approx every 3 LEDs. Every one of these that I have done has worked just fine and did not throw any computer codes. Since this is the first one and they have never been installed in a G6 before, we will have to see when RedRocket installs it to be sure.

~Bryce

·
Registered
174 Posts
Installation instructions would be here. Just follow along. Easy install.

http://anderbrainnovations.com/LED_3rd_Install.htm

You would have to splice into the existing wires as I do not have any harnesses. There are 14 resistors in it already. 1 for approx every 3 LEDs. Every one of these that I have done has worked just fine and did not throw any computer codes. Since this is the first one and they have never been installed in a G6 before, we will have to see when RedRocket installs it to be sure.

~Bryce
Good instructions, but on there it says that you can either plug the wires into the harness or splice. So do you have to splice or can you do it either way on the G6? And how much? Money is kinda tight right now...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, #2 is cut but not done. I am waiting to verify that my template is the right size. We will know that as soon as Eric gets his.

And to his question: Either will work, but the plug for the G6 should look like the one pictured. It was for an Olds Alero and Grand Am, which are very similar to the G6.

~Bryce

·
Registered
174 Posts
LOL, #2 is cut but not done. I am waiting to verify that my template is the right size. We will know that as soon as Eric gets his.

And to his question: Either will work, but the plug for the G6 should look like the one pictured. It was for an Olds Alero and Grand Am, which are very similar to the G6.

~Bryce
Cool, we'll see when I get it

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
lol those look good how much are you charging or you giving the first four away as a test? that would be red rocket, then lampoon, then me? :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
lol those look good how much are you charging or you giving the first four away as a test? that would be red rocket, then eric, then lampoon, then me? :)
Yea my name is Eric...sorry for the confusion

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
check above look better?

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Bryce.....
Hope this helps. If not I can send it to ya but I would need it back. ;)

Metal housing snaps out at the edges:

Pull it out (Thats what she said!!)

Lens has two snaps on top and three on the bottom. Just depress and pull.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
No wider than 1-1/4" and no longer than 11-1/4".

Also it cant be taller than 1" in the middle to fit in the lens.
Bulbs should run down the center on two rows with the last led on each end being
a single led centered. That way it matches the tapering of the lens.

EASY CHEESY!!

Exterior lens measurement (to a taper) is 3/4" tall by 11-1/4" wide. That is what will be showing from the rear housing.
The housing lists a part number of 15862413 but Im not sure what that includes.

·
Registered
174 Posts
@Lampoon
I already sent anderbra the measurements and the money for the brake light....sent him the money on sunday....just waiting for a response from him telling me when he is sending it out

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.