Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock headlights and would like to replace them with LEDs. Any recommendations? I have been looking on Amazon but I'm not sure which ones to get and thought to ask about ones you guys recommend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got a new set of headlights after a deer smashed into the passenger side and went under the car... Busted the headlight, bumper, fog light, and busted off the radiator mount. The halogens that came with them suck

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do those only fit the sedan? or will they also fit the Coupe?
To my knowledge, they all share the same headlight, H11 low beams, H9 Hi beams.
I purchased these from Amazon but could only get them to fit in the Hi beams, less room in the low beam cavity. A person has to purchase the style I posted above or a larger dust cover which the Beamtech company is going to send me.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHDYTGL

·
Registered
40 Posts
To my knowledge, they all share the same headlight, H11 low beams, H9 Hi beams.
I purchased these from Amazon but could only get them to fit in the Hi beams, less room in the low beam cavity. A person has to purchase the style I posted above or a larger dust cover which the Beamtech company is going to send me.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHDYTGL
I think the $37 is smarter deal than the $150 set!... lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm still waiting for the larger dust cover from the Beamtech company to see if I can get the $37 set to fit in my low beams.
Let me know when you do and how they look in comparison to the stock bulbs. I might have to get some myself.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Let me know when you do and how they look in comparison to the stock bulbs. I might have to get some myself.
I ended up putting in the $150 set in the low beams since the cheaper bulbs would not fit without cutting/modifying the dust covers. I figured since the low beams are on anytime the car is running it was good to have a set with the cooling fans on them vs the cheaper set I had in the hi-beam.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I will be using a set of housings from Ebay... as long as one uses silicone around the seams of the lens to the housing you can keep the moisture out of the headlights. I have done this with two other vehicles and had zero failures. Some blue painters tape, run the bead, smooth it out, peal the tape and let fully cure. I just installed my Beamtech LED H11 bulbs in the factory housings. Great beam pattern. The newer of the two housings has an even better, more crisp beam pattern. I suspect that the brand new housings will be even better with these LED bulbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a set of angel eyes dual halo CFCC projector lenses on both my 06 and 07. They were about $250 a set. Both fogged up during the cooler months. I avoided carwashes and driving in the rain/snow.
Projector lenses don't work well with LED's due the the light pattern inherent of LED bulbs. Bright white halogen or HID bulbs work best.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts