Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the spider 5 spoke Led's for my tails. On one of the led's the running light doesn't come on, only when I brake or turn the blinker on. So I went and bought these load equalizers from a local store but they didn't work. I may have wired them wrong but idk. The instructions sucked. I was hoping it would fix the led problem, but it didn't, so I just ordered new led's. can someone tell me the right equalizers to get? Thanks. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1370974765.388029.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I reaplced all my exterior lights with LEDs, front and rear. what I found I needed to make the signal not hyper flash was this:

50w 6ohm... one for each front turn signal:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Resistors-Signal-License-Warning-Cancellor/dp/B004EDF8HY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370979314&sr=8-1&keywords=led+load+resistor[/ame]

And

One 25w 10ohm resistor for each rear turn signal:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Resistor-Hyper-Blinking-Warning-Signal/dp/B002CJQIGW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1370979314&sr=8-5&keywords=led+load+resistor[/ame]

I've so far only had to replace one resistor after a little over a year of use.
It was the rear one, which is more likely to go because the resistor also powers up with the brakes.

When I wired them I soldered one end of the resistor to the Turn Signal wire, and the other end I just screwed down to ground.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Yea... seems of you want quality paired with brightness it costs a bit. I got a similar set of reds for the rear. They're definitely bright enough to be seen now.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
On the rear I pulled the bumper cover and screwed them down to the steel bumper and did my wiring down there.
Up front I just screwed em down to the frame rail that runs right under the headlights.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Alright guys, I pulled my brake light and snapped some pics for ya.

I'm about 90% sure there is no traditional flasher in these cars, it's all BCM controlled, that being said you have to fool the BCM into thinking actual bulbs are still attached, so we add resistors to draw more current and fool the BCM. You'll need one resistor for each corner, just like one bulb for each corner.

Looking at the back of the light you'll see the Purple wire is the only not shared wire, this purple wire is the Stop/Turn signal wires

But take a closer look at the main connector and you'll see the purple wire is actually a yellow wire:
Purple becomes yellow, gray becomes green...

With the light removed if you look straight down behind the bumper you'll see the steel reinforcement. I screwed mine down there.
One wire goes to ground (the same screw) The other wire got soldered to the yellow wire in the harness and then taped up (red arrow)

Also it's a good idea to double check you have the right wire, use a meter or test light with the turn signal on and be sure it's functioning as it should.

I should also add, without a resistor and my car not running the signal is fine, as soon as I'd start the car it would hyperflash. (with one missing resistor)

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Here's a wider shot so you can see my setup, same on both side.
I can try to get some front shots if anyone needs em.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I was just about to say. I pulled the left side and saw purple to yellow. On the right side though I'm pretty sure its still purple at the light. Just see which pin it is and what color it changes to.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts