Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is a simple one for most of you out there but i am terribly mechanically challenged and i'm trying to change the bulbs in my map lights. i try pulling but i'm scared i'll break it. do i jsut need to stop being a puss and pull harder or does it twist out or what?

thanx : )

·
Need for Speed
34 Posts
Are you positive it doesnt say in the owners manual how to do this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i don't have a dome light (convertible). I'm trying to get my map lights and the 2 interior side lights in the back seat.
I'm just scared of pulling the interior lights and breaking something. and there is very little room so it's a pain in the back to get a grip.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already own lights. My question is how do I take the stock bulbs out? I'm scared to just pull them and mess them up. I am just wondering. How do I remove the stock map lights so I can install the LEDs that I own

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
the clear plastic lenses have like 3 little arms that hook to the headliner. just have to find out where they are and kinda stretch them back to pull down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I was able to get those off no problem it's just the halogen bulbs I can't get out. Do. Just pull them out like rip them out, do they twist out, hammer, take off like a whole section of the top hausing and replace the bulbs internally. Or shoot myself because I'm brainless because I know this should be easy....

·
Registered
916 Posts
Dome light use a small screw driver and it like pops out with the clips like some one stated.

Map lights that whole beige piece comes out really easy. And the bulbs just yank them out.

You wont break them its just hard to grip leds will go in if there i believe the 184 style i can check if anyone is still having problems.

·
Registered
61 Posts
aret these accurate?

Low Beam Headlight Bulb Size: H11-55W
High Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: H9-65W
Parking Light Bulb Size: 3057LL
Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 3057LL
Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 3057LL
Tail Light Bulb Size: 3057LL
Stop Light Bulb Size: 3057LL
High Mount Stop Light Bulb Size: Assembly
Fog/Driving Light Bulb Size: H11-55W
License Plate Light Bulb Size: 194
Back Up Light Bulb Size: 3057LL
Front Side Marker Light Bulb Size: 194
Rear Sidemarker Light Bulb Size: 194
Map Light Bulb Size: 168
Dome Light Bulb Size: 561
Step/Courtesy Light Bulb Size: 73
Trunk/Cargo Area Light Bulb Size: 211-2

·
Registered
61 Posts
so for the brakes, is there a difference for the 3057 and the 3057ll bulbs? i was looking at the 3057 led bulbs and they look the same

·
Registered
61 Posts
but the bulbs are the running light, and the brake light when brake is applied. so any led 3057 should technically work im assuming

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I don't have a beige place in my excpt my seats. But for the map lights. I just yank the housing out? I'm not good with cars so I'm always nervous I'm gonna break something

·
Registered
61 Posts
So for the brake light, what color led's should i go with? its a colord lens so does it matter if i use white? that way it would be brighter

·
Registered
156 Posts
i got those led tail/brake/turn signal bulbs bc i blacked out my lights. i wanted something brighter for the daytime and im 100% satisfied with them... i got mine in red. i didnt even think to go with white bc it may be brighter haha good idea! i say go for it and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i got those led tail/brake/turn signal bulbs bc i blacked out my lights. i wanted something brighter for the daytime and im 100% satisfied with them... i got mine in red. i didnt even think to go with white bc it may be brighter haha good idea! i say go for it and let us know how it turns out.
Did you have to add resistors for the tail lights? What ones did you get if you dont mind me asking

1 - 20 of 33 Posts