Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been thinking of trying to run a LED bar under my glove comp and the steering wheel for a bit now. I saw this done on stock Scions when I was working there. I'm curious because the only ones I see at the local auto shops are with screws and I'm not willing to make holes in the interior of the car to do this. Is there any other possible way to get this done?

Thanks,

Omar

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Hey guys I've been thinking of trying to run a LED bar under my glove comp and the steering wheel for a bit now. I saw this done on stock Scions when I was working there. I'm curious because the only ones I see at the local auto shops are with screws and I'm not willing to make holes in the interior of the car to do this. Is there any other possible way to get this done?

Thanks,

Omar
I would just look to be creative. Although a hole under the dash wouldn't bug me too much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You could always get a couple of flexible LED strips and superglue them to the interior. Sounds a bit cheesy I know, but my boyfriend was able to attach these strips on his headlights pretty easily (see the pictures- I'm actually considering this on my car as well). I imagine they could be attached just about anywhere with minimal effect on the interior. I know he's got some extra strips if you're interested...:)

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also, if you're looking for a less permanent option for the lights, use 3M doublesided tape because the superglue will leave a white residue if you remove the lights.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You could always get a couple of flexible LED strips and superglue them to the interior. Sounds a bit cheesy I know, but my boyfriend was able to attach these strips on his headlights pretty easily (see the pictures- I'm actually considering this on my car as well). I imagine they could be attached just about anywhere with minimal effect on the interior. I know he's got some extra strips if you're interested...:)
do you have a how-to on how to do this addition to the headlights on an 07 G6 GT

·
Registered
13 Posts
do you have a how-to on how to do this addition to the headlights on an 07 G6 GT
We're going to try this on my 07 Sedan-- it looks like the headlights are the same along the top as the GT. I'll get the instructions from the boyfriend and pass them along to you. I'll let you know how mine goes as well-- we'll use my car as the test guinea pig to get a feel for the wiring and such. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Cool...Thanks and Good Luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cool...Thanks and Good Luck
Sorry about the late response buddy...I've been in the middle of moving and I've had to take my baby to the shop (someone backed into my car and we had to have body work done)...so I've been a tad busy LOL...

Anyways, after talking to my boyfriend, he said it's rather easy to attach the LED strips to the tops of the headllights. You're going to have to take out your entire headlight assembly and pretty much just superglue the strip to the top of the headlight (right about the place where the hood meets the headlight). Then he mentioned something about wiring the lights up to your parking lights (I know that these automatically come on, so you may want to turn your auto lights off during the day). We still have yet to try it on my car, so I'll post pictures when we get the chance to actually attach them :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry about the late response buddy...I've been in the middle of moving and I've had to take my baby to the shop (someone backed into my car and we had to have body work done)...so I've been a tad busy LOL...

Anyways, after talking to my boyfriend, he said it's rather easy to attach the LED strips to the tops of the headllights. You're going to have to take out your entire headlight assembly and pretty much just superglue the strip to the top of the headlight (right about the place where the hood meets the headlight). Then he mentioned something about wiring the lights up to your parking lights (I know that these automatically come on, so you may want to turn your auto lights off during the day). We still have yet to try it on my car, so I'll post pictures when we get the chance to actually attach them :)

Well...we tried to put the LED's on my headlights with no success :( . The position of the hood doesn't allow enough space between it and the headlights to place them. I suppose they could be attached to the inside of the lamp housing, but you run the risk of not having an airtight seal (and consequently letting moisture in).

However, if I think of some other crazy thing to do with those lights, I'll post the instructions :).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well...we tried to put the LED's on my headlights with no success :( . The position of the hood doesn't allow enough space between it and the headlights to place them. I suppose they could be attached to the inside of the lamp housing, but you run the risk of not having an airtight seal (and consequently letting moisture in).

However, if I think of some other crazy thing to do with those lights, I'll post the instructions :).
So what about putting them under the dash/seats or possibly in the wheel wells?

·
Registered
174 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.