Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· CrAzY Moderator
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where there are some LEDS that work in the license plate and the reverse lights as well?

· Registered
174 Posts
would 3157's work for the tail lamp and what size bulbs do the stop lamp use?

· Registered
21 Posts
Bulbs

would 3157's work for the tail lamp and what size bulbs do the stop lamp use?
The tail lights are a combination stop and turn signal in one bulb, The 3157 is the same as the 3057 bulb. A 3157 would work.
I have tried the LED lamps, but the ones I tried were 20 led version which all point one way. They are not as bright as regular lamps. I am looking for the 30 plus version led's which have leds all around the bulb. They should work better using the tail lights inside reflector more efficiently.

Steve

· Registered
174 Posts
i was wondering actually if you could replace the bulbs in the secondary stoplight/high mount stop lamp with leds...so i was figuring that i would go to kragen or something and pick up some 20 led bulbs but i guess they arent as good as 30's? does anyone know of a site or store that sells these led bulbs (non crap version)

· Registered
21 Posts
Bulbs

i was wondering actually if you could replace the bulbs in the secondary stoplight/high mount stop lamp with leds...so i was figuring that i would go to kragen or something and pick up some 20 led bulbs but i guess they arent as good as 30's? does anyone know of a site or store that sells these led bulbs (non crap version)
What is the bulb number. If they are 194's, I have a bunch and can send you some. I think the upper light takes 3 or 4 bulbs. Let me know.

Steve

· Registered
174 Posts
What is the bulb number. If they are 194's, I have a bunch and can send you some. I think the upper light takes 3 or 4 bulbs. Let me know.

Steve
idk what size the hmsl uses cause all it says on the sites that lists the bulb numbers are "assembly" it looks like the hmsl uses 3 bulbs but the problem is is that you need some weird sized socket wrench to take them out it, it's like they use some in between size? but all the lights in the car are pretty much either 3057's or 194's and looking at the size it seems that a 3057 would be too large...so maybe it is a 194?

BTW i was trying to take out the map lights to replace those as well...and i got the cover off but couldnt completely remove it...anyone know how to?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.