Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you with LED taillights could tell me your opinion on your lights? Do they work well? Easy to install? I have seen some on ebay, essentially the same style, any real differences?

Also I have seen LED bulbs, has anyone put these into their taillights? I think I saw one forum member put them into his reverse lights? Any others change all the bulbs?

Thanks for any infor

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I don't have em myself but im sure they are easy to install, Pretty much just remove the stock light, plug in the LED taillights replace back in its socket and away you go!

They do look sweet just do a google search for it. Your bound to get a result :)

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
I think it looks bad. The leds are in the shape of a "c".. PASS....

I dropped some blue LEDs into my LP light housing. Been stopped for it once. :eek:

The Policeman admitted it looked cool and sent me on my way after checking me out and verifying that Im a good guy. :cool:

I have the LED's in my backup lights and while they look cool they dont function at all. The light they put out is not enough to see anything while
backing. Which reminds me....ive been meaning to replace em back.:rolleyes:

If you really want to tastefully change yours up get some recessed grills and tint.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put a pair of SMT LED towers in my tailights. They look really good. Just make sure you install resistors with them or your turn signals will flash like crazy. Definitely will make it a bit unique from all the other 6ers out there.

·
07 Black GT Vert ♥
445 Posts
I put a pair of SMT LED towers in my tailights. They look really good. Just make sure you install resistors with them or your turn signals will flash like crazy. Definitely will make it a bit unique from all the other 6ers out there.
Please post a vid on youTube so we can all see how they look in action.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Although everyone can have there own opinion. I love my Tails, Before i got them i thought not worth 200 bucks over the stock look. But after i got them there awesome super bright. well made, and i actually have people ask me about them. The best is at night, almost need to see in person to apreciate. But i would say. Unless you really want them i would spend the money on a diff mod.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I don't mind the look of them, i'm sure they look much better at night. The only thing that would turn me off is that the back up lights arent very bright ha

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
hmm good idea and its bright enough??

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
sweet looking forward to it. Im gonna post some pics today of my 6 in my thread be sure to check it out man

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
those lights do look awesome haha and yeah marks car was sick. Daniel your car is my background on my computer haha

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Thats awesome! I try to take good pics but i really need something where i can change the lenses. Like a nikon
D90 all i need is monies.
Well either way ur pics are sweet :D

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
That looks good looking foward to getting those!
btw where did you buy them from?
I bought them on eBay.

Hes the reason i got mine LOL Such a great job on that 6.
Thanks! Now there is a new owner.

those lights do look awesome haha and yeah marks car was sick. Daniel your car is my background on my computer haha
Thank you as well.

Thats awesome! I try to take good pics but i really need something where i can change the lenses. Like a nikon
D90 all i need is monies.
I have a Nikon D300s. VERY nice camera. Try searching on eBay, that is where I got mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts