Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are supposed to get 6 inches of snow today, so I'll get to find out how my Tiger Paw equiped G6 works in the white stuff. I'll let ya know how it goes. :bowl:

·
Registered
423 Posts
.....yea, bring it on!!!

i'm sure i won't be going anywhere with my Continental Contacts on my GT. when the road is 'damp' and i take off from a light, the tires have no traction. about half the time the traction control kicks in. and i'm not even taking off FAST!

should be interesting....... :eek:

·
Registered
73 Posts
PCB said:
We are supposed to get 6 inches of snow today, so I'll get to find out how my Tiger Paw equiped G6 works in the white stuff. I'll let ya know how it goes. :bowl:
it had already snow in toronto but the tiger paws is okay to say the least but it get very slippery on the ice because had a experience already.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Slipin' and slidin' in my GTP with the Eagle LS's here in Cleveland ! The traction control and Stabilitrak are nice features but I find that I can lift the throttle manually and correct even before the traction aids are doing their thing, or so it seems. Starting in 2nd still seems the best way on the white stuff.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Your not going to like the Uniroyals. Your traction control is going to work great though! :D I've had the ContiExtremeContacts through 20 miles of unplowed wet heavy snow (about three inches) this year and they were great!! No traction control engagement at all yet. Just ABS a few times stopping down hill.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Explr1 said:
Your not going to like the Uniroyals. Your traction control is going to work great though! :D I've had the ContiExtremeContacts through 20 miles of unplowed wet heavy snow (about three inches) this year and they were great!! No traction control engagement at all yet. Just ABS a few times stopping down hill.
no snow here yet, but i feel a little better about the Continentals....maybe they're a better 'snow tire' than a 'wet traction' tire. i hope so!!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
G6Action said:
no snow here yet, but i feel a little better about the Continentals....maybe they're a better 'snow tire' than a 'wet traction' tire. i hope so!!!!
It's coming through Tennessee now, so you should see it soon since your 2 states north of us. I live in more southern middle TN, so right now all we're getting is that cold ass rain/drizzle. Which is the norm most of the time. I'd rather it snow than to have cold rain. :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well since nobody else has posted it, I will tell you that the Bridgestones are rated summer only for a reason. We got about 3" and my experiment in the driveway told me this just wasn't going to work out. :eek: As soon as the groves fill up with snow you can forget about going anywhere. Too much low end torque and not enough traction.

Everybody asks me "Don't you have front wheel drive?" Yes, but summer only tires. "Oh, it will go." They don't seem to understand! :(

·
Registered
423 Posts
so, a few hours have passed since my post at noon today. and since that time we have had 4-6" already, with they're saying this will continue until 4A.M.??

well, my Continental Contacts did 'ok', not really great but then they didn't 'suck' either. i would still rather have the Yokohama Avid's on there. maybe for NEXT winter.....i hate to spend $400-500 on tires when these aren't even broken in yet! have fun, everyone....a slippin' and a slidin'!!

AND stay out of the ditches!!!! :agree2:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, we only got maybe 2 inches here and the Tiger Paws were ok on the snow, not that great on the ice, but nothing really is. I just parked the G6 and broke out the Grand Cherokee now that everything is a giant sheet of ice.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had to replace the tires on the GTP with 16" snow tires last week...yeah we have FWD but, like said, on Summer only performance tires, it isn't too pretty...I could barely get traction and actually slid up my driveway almost sideways.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.