Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all;

I am migrating some of my stereo equipment out of my old car (97 Grand Prix GT) to my G6 GT coupe. I had a box with 2 12" bazooka subs, with an amp attached to the back of it. I have a 3rd 12" of the same model, but I doubt all 3 would go into this car. Also a JL amp, nothing too crazy.

I realize the trunk space is a bit different, I doubt I'd get the whole box in this car, and both seats fold down now instead of just the middle pass through like in my Grand Prix, so I wouldn't want to block them both.

Lets see a few pics of everyone's set up! I'd love to see where and how you guys have put a sub or two in the trunk, and where you mount an amp to.

·
G6 mafia
67 Posts
Just make a new box to fit in your trunk...

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
2 10" Kenwoods
Plentyyyyyyyy of room left in the trunk

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts

Custom fiberglass sub enclosure, Dynamat whole trunk, Memphis 12" sub, Memphis amp. Plus I still have all my trunk space.

·
Registered
99 Posts
First..did you take the carpet up to put the dynamat on..did u put it in the spare tire area too. Second..does the dynamat really help.

·
G6 mafia
67 Posts
Dynamat does help out a lot it helps the sheet metal from rattling from the sound waves it blocks it from bouncing back from the sheet metal making your car sound like crap..I used the rubberized sound deadner spray I picked up from menards on sale was like 4.99 a can otherwise like 7.99 picked up 5 cans of that only really need 2 and it actually does work pretty good and u can spray in holes and places where dynamat can never go into

·
G6 mafia
67 Posts
Dynamat does help out a lot it helps the sheet metal from rattling from the sound waves it blocks it from bouncing back from the sheet metal making your car sound like crap..I used the rubberized sound deadner spray I picked up from menards on sale was like 4.99 a can otherwise like 7.99 picked up 5 cans of that only really need 2 and it actually does work pretty good and u can spray in holes and places where dynamat can never go into

·
G6 mafia
67 Posts
looking good....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you to those with pictures!
I know I will have to make a new box..... That's why I was asking for people's pictures :) I'm not familiar with this car, it's only been with me a few months, just curious if people had a few pics readily available that they could share. I like the box on the passenger side, looks good. Does it get in the way of the spare coming out?

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Adam R- yes the whole trunk is all dynamat. Spare tire area, both sides and trunk lid.
Geewhiz- Thanks I like it a lot. clean and still have lots of room.
Sn1p3r-I had to kinda roll the carpet under so it doesn't get in the way of the spare tire. just lift the lid and your good to go.

·
G6 mafia
67 Posts
Go to youtube my youtube name is carlosjimenez21 look up my one video I uploaded today what I am doing :) let me know what u guys think.....

·
G6 mafia
67 Posts
Lol I haven't had a spare tire in the car since the beginning of time....but I am planning on putting it back in...ok so I was thinking if the magnet sticks out of the box that'll be a lil harder to squeeze out but if the were sat in there like normal then all I would have to do is get under that board and cut side to side so it can flap open there is a lil bit of room for the spare to come out but if anything the panels come out easy all tight pressure fit it'll just take an extra 3 minutes to reach at it....but for now ima just go with the flap idea I had a blue neon bar nice fitted in the trunk but it broke by the huge kicker box when I took out the l5s those are sold now looking into maybe sum cvrs or cvxs and I'm just gun maybe get another neon in there again what do y'all think red or blue?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts