Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
It's GeeeSixxx, and I am a new member here. First and foremost I did a search on this topic and couldn't get results. I'm trying to swap out my license plate light to a red led, and can't figure out How to pop the assembly out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Welcome! You have to remove the two screws holding the assembly in then wiggle it around until you can pull the whole thing through the whole in the bumber, its kind of a PITA. I had my bumper off when I put my led in. Way easier but a bunch more steps.
You should be able to push it up with your fingers and rotate it onto its side to slide it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the fast reply! Yes, I just went out there and messed with it, this project will have to wait until it's a little warmer lol. I'm itching to do a mod! I have red led interior lights, already installed, windows tinted, cold air intake all done. Now I'm slowly converting all bulbs to led. Next big project is black 17" rims. Black and red theme:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link:) got it done today! For some reason it's only lighting up one half of the license plate panel:/ Maybe it's because it's not dark enough outside yet. Anyway I'll tinker with it. Next step is dome light.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I'm pretty sure if its backwards it won't fit the bumper correctly. The assembly has tapered ends that is rounded on one side I believe. If it is backwards its probably also crooked.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Actually it will fit. The metal ends are indeed angled to assist in correct orientation
but it will fit turned around. Ask me how I know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts