Pontiac G6 Forum banner

license plate light-led swap

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  CruisinG6 
#1 ·
Hi all,
It's GeeeSixxx, and I am a new member here. First and foremost I did a search on this topic and couldn't get results. I'm trying to swap out my license plate light to a red led, and can't figure out How to pop the assembly out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Welcome! You have to remove the two screws holding the assembly in then wiggle it around until you can pull the whole thing through the whole in the bumber, its kind of a PITA. I had my bumper off when I put my led in. Way easier but a bunch more steps.
You should be able to push it up with your fingers and rotate it onto its side to slide it out.

#3 ·
Thank you for the fast reply! Yes, I just went out there and messed with it, this project will have to wait until it's a little warmer lol. I'm itching to do a mod! I have red led interior lights, already installed, windows tinted, cold air intake all done. Now I'm slowly converting all bulbs to led. Next big project is black 17" rims. Black and red theme:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.