Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 G6 GTP Coupe. The light for the license plate is out.. Changed the bulb and nothing. Bad Wiring? So I tried to replace it but I cant get behind the bumper to check connections. I see the blue clip but no way to reach it. I bought an LED light from Auto Zone to install but not sure what wires to tap into. Any suggestions?

·
Legend
782 Posts
Use a voltmeter to check the voltage running to the wires. But there should only be 2 wires so you could also just try wiring one way and vice versa if you don't have a volt/multimeter handy. That's how I did with my trunk light when I wired in my trunk light leds. Just cut the harness and direct wired it. Or if you don't feel comfortable cutting the harness plug for if you wanted to return it to stock one day you could just ghost tap it in with one of these connectors.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
Take screws out and you can feed it all the way through.

I opened mine up and changed it to an LED light:

·
Legend
782 Posts
You don't ever get pulled over for a blue tag light poon?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
Three times so far. No tix yet though.
Ive had it like that for a few years now.

The cool part is drunks see red and blue and
they back way off off. Lol

In hind sight i wish the light was white.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Lol I see. I think ill just stick with white. Which is what I just did. I went to advance auto about 30 mins ago and got the 2 pack white led strips. The short ones and just wired them into my tag light. Took me all of ten mins the part that took the longest was trying to wrestle out the plastic tag light holder. But to the OP the green wire is positive and the black/Brown wire is negative.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Licens Plate Light

The actual wiring I think is bad. I see the two wires for the stock liht but I think its broken somewhere or a connector is loose. I can see a connector but its where I cant reach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts