Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to jump start my car last weekend. I let it charge back up before I drove it again. However, since that occurrence i have noticed that if I'm driving or stopped when i roll up the windows the interior lights and headlights will dim, one time to the point that it looked like my fog lights were going to cut out. I went to a shop yesterday and and they said I needed a new battery so I replaced it. The lights still dim when I'm rolling up the windows but not as badly as they did before. Is this dimming normal or should I be worried?

·
Registered
292 Posts
lights will dim when using power windows as it draws significant current from the battery, but it shouldn't be to the point of going off like you described. Could be the alternator!?!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I have been driving for a few days now with the new battery, and I think the battery was the issue. The lights still dim when rolling up the window but I don't think GM designed a very strong electrical system for our cars anyway lol. Thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.