Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

My 07 G6 has been acting up. The door locks will be unlocked and you open the door and the alarm goes off automatically. The auto lock/unlock buttons in the interior of the car don't work. My locks, without touching anything, and the remote (on my keychain) set aside, go up and down like crazy when I'm driving down the road. I will literally take the keys out and step back from the car and the locks are jumping up and down. I fear the locks will somehow short circuit the system- or maybe that's what's happened already. It's bad.

I took out the fuse for the locks and alarm, so it would stop- however, I had to put the alarm fuse back in so I can start my car- and I'm driving around with no locks. Has anyone experienced this or can help me?

PS my radio picks up only like 2 stations after a minor rear-quarter panel accident a year ago- thoughts on this too?

Thanks for any help in advance!!!!

Tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey jus fyi there is another post on this issue that was where I got the initial idea on how to solve the problem. The switch was corroded. I got a couple used switches at the local junkyard and my lock/alarm is is solved!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts