Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Washington State, and i just picked up a 2007 stock G6 GT convertible with 60k miles for 3k, not sure what i want to do with it ... but I know i want to lower it and do something ... going to explore the forum and see the turbo builds, if there wasn't so little miles on it, i'd consider maybe a engine swap. i hear there is a model out there with a 6 speed, i'd like to look into that too. well that's about it for now, hope there are meet up in my area.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Welcome to the club and G6 ownership. I think the general view was that the G6 V6 did not lend itself to significant modification. Personally I am just happy to drop the top and cruise. Hope you find useful information and get to modify in a way that works for you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
To add to what Boomer said, the convertible wasn't available with the manual transmission. Concerning lowering the car, my experience with lowering unibody convertibles is that they are easily transformed into logging trucks due to them having a less rigid body structure combined with less than generous wheel travel. If yours is in pristine shape with a fully functional roof, I'd be happy to relish in the joy of it being rare and unusual and cruise along with boomer (and me). Being these are all over 10 years old and are orphans besides, there is little aftermarket support and very few parts. Do your research before you modify and you should be fine. Good luck with your new ride. - Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the sound advice, i didn't realize how rare these were. But after a little research i'm realizing just how little of these are out there ... yes everything is fully functional. The story of the car is that, the former owner of the company i work for loved the car and bought it brand new. He passed away, and nobody really liked the car so it pretty much just sat there only used on occasion to go here and there around town. I drove it a couple times and found that i liked it. Some guys at work had driven it and said it was a turbo, not knowing much about i believed them. Especially because when you drive it there is a turboish sound to it. After some research i found that it didn't come in turbo, and that i probably should now get it checked out lol. So yeah, since it doesn't get driven work agreed to sell it to me, and that's how i became a G6 owner.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thank you for the sound advice, i didn't realize how rare these were. But after a little research i'm realizing just how little of these are out there ... yes everything is fully functional. The story of the car is that, the former owner of the company i work for loved the car and bought it brand new. He passed away, and nobody really liked the car so it pretty much just sat there only used on occasion to go here and there around town. I drove it a couple times and found that i liked it. Some guys at work had driven it and said it was a turbo, not knowing much about i believed them. Especially because when you drive it there is a turboish sound to it. After some research i found that it didn't come in turbo, and that i probably should now get it checked out lol. So yeah, since it doesn't get driven work agreed to sell it to me, and that's how i became a G6 owner.
the passing of the owner of the company is very unfortunate . For the rest of your story and how you aquired the car, i love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts