Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just registered here. I have had over a dozen grand prixs in the last 4 years.

I bought my 08 coupe with 82K miles last april. It hit 103K yesterday.

That 100K miles really killed me. I have to do fluids soon.

I posted a different topic on a couple problems I am having. May be loose sway bar linkage or something weird making a clunk noise when going less than 20MPH over bumps. I put a whole front end in suspension into this car, besides tie rods -inner and cv joints.

Wheel bearings, tie rod end, LCA+ball joints, swaybar linkage, struts+shocks all around, brakes. Costed me about 600$.

I put the wrong brakes on first time, and put correct ones on. It now is really loud when braking, i have 8K miles on this set of brakes. On monday I am going to work on the G6 again.

I need to replace a tie rod that boot that has a tiny hole in it. It has 9K miles riding on it like that.

Regrease the sliders, and put anti-squeek onto the pads and see how it goes.

Its silver, i call it silver bullet, because i love coors-light. Got heated leather in it. 3.5L.

Aftermarket upgrades are pioneer 8000nex double din cd player. It has bluetooth, siriusxm, gps, i can watch movings while driving, but i dont because thats worse than texting.

I have two alpine type x 12" in the trunk, two 1000 watt alpine amps, power cap. Ill post pictures of the system in trunk, it only fit in there backwards, but its loud as shit.

Love the car so far, made it 20k miles with little problems, i did suspension because it needed shocks+struts, and ball joints. Threw the extra 100$ for parts to get everything done before getting it aligned.

My grand prix I bought in 2013 with 49K miles, sold it two months ago with 75K miles. I made it a grand total of 2500 miles without having to fix something.

I am sure i will be posting more problems as I go. Its a 08 gt coupe. I should note, how do you know if you need to do that idle sensor recall? It idles a little funny and i have warranty to get it done by 120K miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry about pictures, some reason my uploads do that when its taken from iphone. I will get better picture of system not sure why its blurry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, forum does not seem active.

Fixed 90% of my problems yesterday. Clunking must of been the torn tie rod boot. There is a very tiny clunk noise now, it is hardly noticable

Brake sliders were lubed and brakes got alot less noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts