Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bet those are some wicked aerodynamic door guards you got there ;)

Seriously though - sweet car! I love the color. With the excitement I get out of driving my four door, I can only imagine what that coupe offers.

·
Registered
423 Posts
door edge guards???? here i thought they were 'boilermaker air brakes'!!!

glad to see you FINALLY got THE CAR!!! and yes, i'm sure you're thinking 'it's about time!!!!' looks like it was worth the wait.

just curious, though....is that sunroof deflector 'factory' on the '06's? i've read some complaints about wind noise at highway speeds.

enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, it's the factory one, its a cloth-like material, makes things quieter, although that fabric catches a lot of wind. I'd rather it do that than have it whistle or make some wierd noise that would make me upset.

Call those door edge gaurds what you like, I like them ;)

Of course, they are off the car now, lol

·
Registered
423 Posts
better submit your G6 for the "G6 of the Week" honors......i'll wait 'til next week to submit mine....don't think i can go "head to head" with your GTP!!!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mr Hadden. I tend to agree with S.C., Senior Member. With all that hype and all we get is ONE LOUSY PICTURE?

AND, to top it all off, you didn't even bother to clean her up for us FIRST? I mean, come on man.....have you no PRIDE? You're displaying your "Baby" in public for the very first time, in front of 298 other G6 Club Members and you don't even remove the window stickers and door guards FIRST?

I was just about to sit down to dinner, but now I have lost my appetite. Depression has set in so I guess I'll be going to bed. But all night long I'll be tossing and turning, thinking; "How could he, how could he?"

Oh, the humanity......

·
Registered
423 Posts
life is short.....enjoy what you can, when you can.....even if it's sarcasism!!!

as you can see, i like to 'dish it out', but i can take it too.....it's all in good fun.

by the way, S.C., when are you getting YOUR G6?????

·
Registered
423 Posts
as an 'old fart', i was able to go ahead and jump in head first. yesterday i drove by my Pontiac Dealer to see the '06s. they had 2 gtp coupes, both automatics, one red and one black. the only differences i could see between them and the GT was a different steering wheel and too much chrome. my ebony leather on my GT looks to be the same other than the GTP stitched on the front seats. i know there are alot more differences, but to the naked eye, i would think they would have done something else exterior-wise to set it apart from a GT. other than the wheels and an emblem, its the same.

gas mileage was a big issue for me and with the GTP rated at 18/26 city/highway and the GT at 21/29, i opted for the 39 less horses. i'm averaging 25.6 to 26.2 around town, not bad, but i am OLD!!!

one time i punched it to turn before the light turned red and it surprised me that i lit the tires up for several seconds AND got 'flipped off' by some idiot at the same time.......reminded me of my teenage years!!! oh those were the days, had to walk to school in ten feet of snow, uphill, for 15 miles.......but thats a whole 'nuther story.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts