Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 GTP in ivory white. I would like to get a two tone scheme going on it. I was going to keep the bottom white and get the top of the car a diff. color. I have black leather interior and was going to get the interior (around the cd player, the shifter, the panel around the window controls etc.) a similar color to match.

I was thinking either black or gunmetal on the top would look good.
Gunmetal especially if I got some gunmetal rims.

What colors do you guys think would go good with white?

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
That would look good or if you went with a different white like creame, some kind of gold or tan. But with the dark interior a darker colors like a dull black or silver maybe, or gunmetal would look cool. What part of the burgh you in? I'm like an hour 15 north; just above Grove City.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Beaver County. I'm thinkin Gunmetal and also doing the rims gun metal as well would look good.

Still unsure as to what color i should get the interior pieces.

Hopefully next year some time when I'm done with basic training and tech school I will be able to get the MPD hood and body kit, either the GTR exhaust or a flowmaster muffler and custom pipes, in-dash navi and get everything painted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Air Force.

I'm not a big Magnaflow fan. Some V6's tend to sound ricey with them IMO.
I've heard alot of V6's including a buddy of mine with a GTP like mine with a Flowmaster 80 series crossflow (the same muffler designed for the firebird and camaro and is the only one that will fit on my car) and it sounds incredible.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Thats cool, my custom Magnaflow system turned out really nice there are a few sound clips of it on here, look under "Help". I have GTP with the 3.9 in it. Good luck, hope you dont leave for at least another month so you don't have it to hot in boot camp! My bro was a Crew Chief on F-16's in the Air Force.

·
Registered
159 Posts
there's a guy down the street from me that did a two tone job like that on a civic, the bottom is white and the top is black...to be completely honest with you, I don't like it. if you were going to do a two-tone paint job, id fade front to back white to gunmetal/black...or figure out a design to convert from white to black. make it look like the paint from the front was ripped off down to the primer and the back is still painted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I think white/black is too much of a contrast and after seeing it doesn't look good. I'm thinking white bottom with the top gunmetal would look nice. I'm gonna keep my factor rims since they are the 19'' ones and just paint them myself with a matching gunmetal finish. With the MPD Hood and body kit I think it will look nice.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Thanks, and yeah the GT-R does. I dont know how they messed it up, but it's kinda ricey! Good timing on your departure, for the weather!
You think the GT-R is ricey?? Have you heard it? The audible almost sounds like a V8......almost. Its a very nice tone. No rasp....deep.....quiet at times loud at others.....it all depends on that floor pedal. :beer:

It is a Magnaflow but he opens them up and changes the baffles. I think they call that tuning it to the car.

I had a single in dual out magnaflow on my G6 prior to my GT-R and it did not sound the same.

Anyways...juts my opinion. :cool:

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
CalsGTP with Magnaflow!!! FTW! haha thats what I got on my car got a clip in my thread of what it sounds like. Love it.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
The GT-R clips I heard on You Tube all have some ricey sounds to them, in my oppinion. For something having a resonator, sure seems to have a good deal of roll over. I think my non resonated system and the one Jetmech had put on his car sounds better than the GT-R system, all my oppinion of course! I'm sure they sound better in person, because I know mine has some distortions from the camera phone used to recored it.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
You have my opinion...Im not gonna argue with you.
If you think Im ricey then so be it.
I'm not trying to argue with you Lampoon, It still sounds good, but the clips I heard had a few spots in that broke up the deep tone to a tin can sound. I would like to hear it in person, I'm sure it sounds better in person with all the distortion that comes from our wonderful camera phones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.