Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hoping someone's around that can help me on this one. I have an '07 G6 that I'm looking to buy from a dealer.

The build order doesn't list ABS, but ABS is on the car. I asked for a build order, and it lists J65 for 4-wheel disc brakes, and no ABS.

How could a G6 have ABS if it's missing the feature code? This isn't something you can just drop into a car, it really has to be added at the factory...

FWIW, this was a fleet order, but still, I don't see GM just giving a fleet bonus ABS without at least coding it in. Could ABS appear on a G6 with J65 as the feature?

It is certified from a Chevy dealer, but I am still concerned that someone is playing around with the VIN and don't want to get burned.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
Hoping someone's around that can help me on this one. I have an '07 G6 that I'm looking to buy from a dealer.

The build order doesn't list ABS, but ABS is on the car. I asked for a build order, and it lists J65 for 4-wheel disc brakes, and no ABS.

How could a G6 have ABS if it's missing the feature code? This isn't something you can just drop into a car, it really has to be added at the factory...

FWIW, this was a fleet order, but still, I don't see GM just giving a fleet bonus ABS without at least coding it in. Could ABS appear on a G6 with J65 as the feature?

It is certified from a Chevy dealer, but I am still concerned that someone is playing around with the VIN and don't want to get burned.
Does it have the JL9 RPO? That's 4-wheel ABS, and what I have on my (former) fleet vehicle.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I wasn't really worried about ABS functioning on the car, that's easy to test. My concern is GM balking on honoring the warranties if anything in the break system goes bad, saying that the car has been tampered with or modded out of warranty.

I was hoping someone from Detroit would chime in and say something like "oh, these fleet orders were half-baked and sometimes we threw in stuff that wasn't on the RPO."

Short of that, I start fearing modding or VIN tampering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts