Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 09 g6 with the 2.4 and is looking to supercharge, I have a 06 cobalt ss, and know of people that do the swap on base model cobalts and g5's etc.

I ran a couple searches before posting and came back empty handed. Is there any info on this board for the swap.

Im not looking to do a full out race build, just stick the supercharger on it and tune it. Im aware of the costs, and parts and supporting mods that are recommended. Just looking for more info on it, or point me in the direction of people that have done the swap, if any.

·
4,052 Posts
Wont find much info here there is only one 6 that was supercharged but he never finisherd tuning it. and it was his girls car then they broke up blah blah blah....
never got finished. look at posts from Govtcheese or pedobear

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Funny I came accross this thread, Because I've been looking into supercharging my 2.4. My problem is though the lack of funds.

Instead of going in for a swap I recommend a complete bolt on kit... Like this one:

ZZP Bolt On SC Kit

From the looks of it, it comes with everything you'll need, including tuned ECU and TCU, they tune for max durability so it won't be pumping out major boost. But you can get different stages and pick your package. The one thing holding me back is my trans, I'm afraid if I boost my motor and do some exhaust work that i'll blow it.

But according to the people on the cobalt forums I can pump quite a bit of power of the 2.4 before the trans will go. So I guess its give or take, haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts