Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HIGHLY recommend these

http://autoshepherd.com/product/PowerStop-Z16-Evolution-Clean-Ride-Ceramic-Brake-Pad/2618/PSP/16-536?sku=PSP:16-536&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=Z16 Evolution Clean Ride Ceramic Brake Pad

After spending $400 on a job right before the winter hit last year I started to notice a lot of squeaking from my old (new) brakes at any moment and a longer braking distance over the last few months it's been warming up outside.

Took the car back (5 months later) and the manager swapped them out for an extra $100 (parts upgrade) for these babies....

They aren't kidding when it says 'clean ride' on the box. VERY QUIET, no matter what time of the day I'm driving and the braking is so good I'm literally coming to a full stop about 12-20ft before hitting the pedestrian line.

I'm extremely critical when it comes to brakes and these are the best I've purchased for any car, even the tech was impressed after the test drive.

·
Registered
911 Posts
probably going to order fronts and backs for my car soon...these look nice and at a great price! good find...any suggestion on rotors? also what is the exact tool name for releasing the rear calipers if you or anyone else knows? good post

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably going to order fronts and backs for my car soon...these look nice and at a great price! good find...any suggestion on rotors? also what is the exact tool name for releasing the rear calipers if you or anyone else knows? good post
The tech at the shop suggested thicker type flat rotors, no drill, no slots.
Not sure what tool you would use to remove the rear rotors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts