Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac GT G6 Hardtop Convertible
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, new member here! My name is Jessica and I recently purchased a 2008 Pontiac GT G6 Hardtop Convertible! I’m so happy!!! The car is missing a part and I don’t know the name of it or part number. Hoping someone can help me and lead me in the right direction. The driver side seat belt retracts from the back panel and there’s a a outer part missing. I’d like to replace it, interior of car is black. Many thanks in advance, look forward to making new friends within the community!

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
The piece you are looking at îs a guide for the seat belt. There is a left and right. Left being driver side. I don't know the part # or if they were ever available separate from the trim piece they fit into in your picture. I do know they will wear through. The material seems to have less durability than the seat belting material. If you were ever in a collision the belting would also cut through it. The piece attached to the head rest is also less durable and w would also wear through and eventually break off.. Or again if you were involved in a collision they maybe get broken. The thing is the headrest pieces are interchangable from the Coupe to the convertible. However the piece that you asked about originally is uniqxue to the convertible. And is getting very difficult to find in usable condition. As with many convertible parts.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac GT G6 Hardtop Convertible
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for reaching out and willing to help me!
The piece you are looking at îs a guide for the seat belt. There is a left and right. Left being driver side. I don't know the part # or if they were ever available separate from the trim piece they fit into in your picture. I do know they will wear through. The material seems to have less durability than the seat belting material. If you were ever in a collision the belting would also cut through it. The piece attached to the head rest is also less durable and w would also wear through and eventually break off.. Or again if you were involved in a collision they maybe get broken. The thing is the headrest pieces are interchangable from the Coupe to the convertible. However the piece that you asked about originally is uniqxue to the convertible. And is getting very difficult to find in usable condition. As with many convertible parts.
Thank you for reaching out and for your explanation. I did some research today and found I can purchase the trim panel but not the specific piece. Luckily the headrest pieces are intact in my vehicle. Many Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts