Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to go on a trip from Ohio to Florida in about a week and a half. Every time I have taken this trip the front of my car gets covered in bugs due to mostly night driving. has anyone used any of the spray on easy remove bug guard films that they sell?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Bug spatter is just a cosmetic issue. The real problem with bugs are dirty engine bay and plugged transmission cooler and radiator fins which eventually will lead to overheating problems. Much better to get a front end bra that also covers the grill openings.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
But car bras are ugly! Although you are correct. I usually powerwash the hell out of my condensor and radiator once or twice a year to try and prevent excessive build up.
As for paint work I may try that spray. I wanted to try clear vinyl but am being told paint will crack/chip underneath if a rock of big bug hits it, and it'll take paint off when I go to remove the vinyl.

Lately I've just been putting a super extra thick layer of wax to try and thwart sticking pests.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I think I am going to try out the new 3M spray on application that peels off when you are done with it. I will try to take some before and after pics and provide my thoughts of the product when I return from my trip. its supposed to help keep away rock chips too so we shall see.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well guys im going to have to offer my apologies.
I was cleaning my car up to wax it and prep it for the spray. there are so many paint chips already in the front end of my car I decided it wasn't worth the effort to prep it and mask it fir spray. im just going to have the front end touched up when I get back.

Thanks to all of you that put in an opinion on the subject and hope someone gets a chance to test this product and let us all know how it worked out.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I use three coats of wax on the front bumper, fenders and hood every 4 months. Before waxing, I give the areas a good pressure wash and surface clean. Most bugs in Ontario are relatively small though!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lived here in Florida for years, car gets washed every week, salt in the air, the dust is sand and salt crystals, bugs are just looking for headlight. Coat the front with lite coat of WD-40, bugs won't stick, and will wash off. Pressure wash before... touching the finish with anything to prevent those fine swirls.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cars Bras damage paint unless you take them off the car and wash under them religiously!

I bought my son a used 94 Z28 Camaro years ago.

It had a black front end bra.

I made the mistake of not looking under the bra at the paint.

When we took the bra off to wash the car a day later the front end looked like someone took sandpaper to it!!

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts