Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2007 G6 GT Convertible that I bought this summer and absolutely love the car. About six weeks ago a driver crossed the double yellow line and side-swiped the car. The body shop called me and said they cannot find the door trim (the trim at the window ledge) anywhere and told me to come and pick up the vehicle. Supposedly they will keep looking for it, but the insurance company has already paid them so I doubt they will give it much attention. Anyway, does anyone know how I can source this door trim? I have looked extensively and both Ebay motors and GMPartsOnline looked promising but after ordering both told me that part wasn't available. The car looks horrible without that piece of trim.

· Registered
359 Posts
I agree. Sadly, you'll need to find a yard that has a body with the part you need. There are several yards that are eBay vendors and sell parts from their parted out stock . Even if they don't show the part in an eBay listing, you might contact them with you're needs. Keep in mind that they likely won't part out a door unless it has some other damage. Good luck. - Mark

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree. Sadly, you'll need to find a yard that has a body with the part you need. There are several yards that are eBay vendors and sell parts from their parted out stock . Even if they don't show the part in an eBay listing, you might contact them with you're needs. Keep in mind that they likely won't part out a door unless it has some other damage. Good luck. - Mark
Thanks to both. I am thinking the same thing. The body shop told me that they were hoping to re-use the old trim, but said it was so difficult to remove that they damaged it well beyond re-use. So the trick will be finding one and then successfully removing it.

· Registered
567 Posts
I had my brother take a picture and send it to me. I will see it myself in a day or two. I have never had to take one off. how do you do that? do you know? I think the mirror will need to come off first. -40 windchill here tomorrow. Adds to the challenge.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yikes. That's cold. I will get with the body shop to see if they have pointers on getting it off. They said it was somewhat difficult and taking it off is how they damaged my original piece beyond repair.

· Registered
567 Posts
Easy to remove and install., I loosened the mirror. Remove small screw at the rear of the trim. Then lift at the rear while using a plastic pry tool. As you work your way to the front, the trim will come loose. Pull away from the car. Reverse procedure to install.
Convertme

1 - 16 of 16 Posts