Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GTP G6 3.9l v6 2 Door Coup
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Have a couple of questions. First would it be better off to get a set of LED headlights assemblies..or are there better options out there. Like better bulbs for stock lights.

Also IF LED assemblies is better any suggestions on what to get?

Thanks all

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd recommend these, but according to the reviews, you need to seal them. Haven't bought them yet, but they're definitely on my wish list. (btw, they keep getting taken down from Amazon, and then pop up again a few months later, idk why, but they eventually show up again)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I can't find the exact model I bought, but I got a pair of halo projectors - light up rural roads at night like it was daytime.

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you want to go with HIDS or LED's you should also replace the stock light housing as HamptonBeach did. The projector lights are needed so you do not dazzle oncoming traffic. I think the ones above are similar to mine - Angel Eye Halo Projector. You will also need to get the correct bulb type for the replacement housing. I seem to recall mine being different bulbs from the stock units. Personally I went with 5k color temp HIDS and am very happy with them. Clean white light. If you go with HIDS you will also want to pull the DRL fuse so you don't prematurely age the bulbs. Hope you find what you need.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, they were Angel Eyes! I had trouble finding them online, but this is almost exactly the same (out of stock)
CG® - Black Halo Projector Headlights with Parking LEDs
I used Sylvania Silverstar Ultra - the high beams were dazzling - lit up everything. the best lights I've had on any car.
They were not the stock size bulbs but the Angel Eyes came with bulbs if you are just looking for looks.
My experience with LED's are they aren't as bright as the manufacturers claim, they only shine light sideways (not forward) so they are no good in a projector system and you need a really good reflector to take advantage of them. LED's also get hot. Most have bid heat sinks or cooling fans on them. LED's are great if you are looking to change the color.

·
Registered
7 Posts
These are in stock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts