Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 15 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I saw a G6 GT in a magazine ad I've always wondered what it would drive like. Well I recently test drove a 2005 GT loaded minus the leather seats. Instantly, I love the way it handled and felt very comfortable. My problem lies in the fact that I have too many options. I can get a really good deal on a 2005 Silver GT loaded with cloth interior but at the cost of losing $2,000 instantly because I'm a year behind. Not only that but the 2005's are the first year for this model and after my last first year model I vowed to never buy the first off the line again. I do get the Employee discount with a 2005, but not a 2006.

Now for my other option. I could get a 2006 without the Employee discount now and try and haggle to get the pricing down more. IMO GM prices their cars a tad high, even for MSRP. Or I could do even more waiting and wait until the majority of 2005s are gone and GM would be forced to lower their prices on 2006s.

Also, I love the look of the panoramic sunroof, but I'm reading a lot about the problems that people seem to be having. It even sounds like people are getting a ton of cheap plastic noises coming from the dash. Sorry to throw all this in on my first post, but I've got buyer fears.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the responses guys. I do know what you mean about "if I wait until Xmas, then I'll want a 2007." I bought a high def tv last year and was contemplating waiting for this year's models. I went online and found a dealer that had a 2005 GT with leather package. When I finally got to the dealer, my fears had been true. No panoramic roof. It had everything but. I'll probably wait a few more months until more 2006s come out and the price is lowered.

1 - 2 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.