Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm looking to buy a g6 so I'm probably going to asking a few questions and i figured this is the best place to ask. I'm Coming from a Monte Carlo that decided to die on me so its time to buy a new car.

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
If your coming from a Monte then I would suggest a g8. with the g6 you will be losing some room.

But if that doesn't matter I suggest a v6 engine with a sunroof if you can find one. If your gas crazy then go with the 4 cylinder but still get the sunroof for those warm sunny days. :):)

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
What are you looking for in the G6? Comfort, performance, style, economy, extra options. You can choose a nice G6 to suit your needs perfectly!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I had a 90's era Monte so it wasn't the biggest so that's not too much of a concern. But really I'm looking at the 6's because they are better priced than the 8's. And the G6's are some of the nicer cars for under 15k.

I really just want something that's decent on gas, the Monte averaged about 21mpg. I would really like to get a G8 but finances make that tough with rent, insurance, school etc. And definitely low miles so I can keep it for a long time.

·
Registered
346 Posts
If your coming from a Monte then I would suggest a g8. with the g6 you will be losing some room.

But if that doesn't matter I suggest a v6 engine with a sunroof if you can find one. If your gas crazy then go with the 4 cylinder but still get the sunroof for those warm sunny days. :):)

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free
I'm pretty sure that if he's here looking at a G6 then he probably can't afford a G8... They are in a whole different price category.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
That's why I got a G6.
I have the 2.4 4cyl Base. I like it, I got onstar, XMradio, AUX input, Airbags, TC, ABS, TPMS, Lether trimmed steering wheel, ebrake and shifter. And I have averaged around 27 mpg on mixed driving when it was all stock. With modifications I've been doing about 25 mpg recently, and I'm not driving it completely efficiently. I do have some fun with it...

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
Well I had a 90's era Monte so it wasn't the biggest so that's not too much of a concern. But really I'm looking at the 6's because they are better priced than the 8's. And the G6's are some of the nicer cars for under 15k.

I really just want something that's decent on gas, the Monte averaged about 21mpg. I would really like to get a G8 but finances make that tough with rent, insurance, school etc. And definitely low miles so I can keep it for a long time.
ok, so i would go with a 4 cylnder with a sunroof. that way you get GREAT fuel economy, with or without mods, and you have a sunrof that in my opinoin adds to the sportieness and cuts the need to use your A/C (which uses gas). leather w/ heated seats is your choice. i love having them but i know its not a neccesity and cloth doesnt super heat it the summer or freeze in the winter.

I'm pretty sure that if he's here looking at a G6 then he probably can't afford a G8... They are in a whole different price category.
you never know, there are a select few that like the looks, size, and gas milage of the g6 better than the g8 but are perfectly capable of buying one. i didnt know what his situation was, thats why i decided to ask instead of assume.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Don't forget the G8 is really an Australian car. The Holden Commodore I believe it is. Man would I love to have that car. They're selling it now as the new Caprice I think, But I heard it was pulled from the market again, I only see them driving around my area as cop cars. But still would be pretty great to have... If the money was there. haha

I can honestly say... at first I just settled for my G6. but over the years it grew on me, and I love this thing, I wouldn't trade it for anything else!... yet :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't forget the G8 is really an Australian car. The Holden Commodore I believe it is. Man would I love to have that car. They're selling it now as the new Caprice I think, But I heard it was pulled from the market again, I only see them driving around my area as cop cars. But still would be pretty great to have... If the money was there. haha

I can honestly say... at first I just settled for my G6. but over the years it grew on me, and I love this thing, I wouldn't trade it for anything else!... yet :D
I'd definitely get a G8 if the opportunity arose. I love those cars!

And that's exactly how I felt about my G6. It was an awesome car for what it was, especially when I'd spend every weekend at the beach and I'd bring friends along.

Then I got into the new Mustang, and I said screw friends, this thing is much more fun and haven't looked back since. lol

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
haha! That's the way to do it! Thankfully some of my friends played a big role in the modifications of my car. And I'm glad for it! I recently went to a part and a lot of people did a double take as they walked passed my car... I got the driveway spot :D

And I'm going to a car meet this weekend, hopefully. I don't drive the typical car guys car like all these people do, they've got 240's cressidas, old school awesome cars. I'm gonna be rolling in with my G6. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only domestic car there! haha

·
Registered
346 Posts
haha! That's the way to do it! Thankfully some of my friends played a big role in the modifications of my car. And I'm glad for it! I recently went to a part and a lot of people did a double take as they walked passed my car... I got the driveway spot :D

And I'm going to a car meet this weekend, hopefully. I don't drive the typical car guys car like all these people do, they've got 240's cressidas, old school awesome cars. I'm gonna be rolling in with my G6. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only domestic car there! haha
Sounds like a fun time! Roll up playin that "Fly like a G6" song...LOL. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd definitely get a G8 if the opportunity arose. I love those cars!
Then I got into the new Mustang, and I said screw friends, this thing is much more fun and haven't looked back since. lol
haha. Yeah if I can find a G8 (for a good price) I'm going to jump on it. And yeah screw friends have to take car of yourself first.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts