Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Heres the pics. Please excuse the dirty engine. It comes with two pipes for the filter, one for inside the engine bay they call "short ram air," and a longer "cold air" pipe that goes down in through the fender well. This is the piece I used. I need to order the hydro shield pre filter for it now. The intake makes a very cool sucking sound when the transmission up shifts, almost sounds like a turbo blow off valve.

·
Registered
423 Posts
thanks, looks like it went on pretty easy, huh?

just remove all the stock intake hoses, mass air flow sensor and air cleaner, resonator, remove the right headlight for access, assemble all the new parts and 'VOILA', your done, RIGHT?

can you notice any difference in the way it runs other than the sound?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was very easy to install, it took less than 30 minutes. It will probably take longer if you haven't already removed the resonator bellows. As far as performance gains, it pulls extremely hard now at WOT. I'll beat on it a little this weekend and see how much of a gain there really is.

·
Registered
423 Posts
COOL!!! now i just have to decide wether i want a 'cold air intake system' or a 'ram air hood'.....wish i could do BOTH!!! OK, maybe i will.....

and, just for the record.....that pic under your 'name', is that you, your girlfirend, your mom or someone that looks that good and couldn't possibly exist in real life????

inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Do u know where to buy hydro shields.. and also.. will i have to take the headlight out everytime i want to clean the filter?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thunkele said:
Do u know where to buy hydro shields.. and also.. will i have to take the headlight out everytime i want to clean the filter?
Injen sells the hydro shield, it's the same thing as a K&N DryCharger prefilter. And yes, you will have to take the light out, or remove the front bumper cover, to clean it if you put the filter in the fender well. The light only take a few minutes to remove so it's the fastest and easiest.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Explr1 said:
It was very easy to install, it took less than 30 minutes. It will probably take longer if you haven't already removed the resonator bellows. As far as performance gains, it pulls extremely hard now at WOT. I'll beat on it a little this weekend and see how much of a gain there really is.
You are most likely experiencing better throttle response. The HP gain will not be too much.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just switched from the cold air extention to the short ram one. I'm going to run it for a week to compare the two. Those of you who like to be able to see the filter and for easier cleaning will want to use the short ram piece. It's really nice that Injen gives you both pieces in their kit.

I added a little something to the intake.

·
Registered
488 Posts
What exactly would you need a hydro shield for? In order get water damage the filter would have to be completely submerged in water. A little sprinkle won't hurt it. Plus, if you think about it, the stock intake had that plastic tube with the resonators that could also possibly suck in water if it got up that high.

Mike

1 - 20 of 36 Posts