Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
thunkele said:
everyone likes alittle security :)

Correct! Just a little piece of mind if I use the cold air extention, especially going through the car washes that have chassis sprays. I'd rather have it and not need it, than not have and get it wet.

·
Registered
423 Posts
your G6 has seen the inner-workings of a, gulp, "CAR WASH"? i would NEVER do that to 'Stella'....i bathe her by hand and dry her to a glistening Meguiars shine!

you know, there's a name for someone like you....it's, uh, it's, uh...well, let me think about it.

now, what were we talking about again?????

oh yea, i remember now. yep, the funniest thing that i ever saw, car related, was this time when a flat-bed pulled into the dealership and the driver, while loading a customers car on the flat-bed, had 'inadvertantly' pulled the car in two!!! THAT was cool....but for some reason the customer wasn't so happy!

what mom, its time for my shock treatment??? ok, be right there....just have to finish my email to Elvis!!!! mom, i don't think he's feeling well, he's in the bathroom throwing up......i told him he'd be 'ok' in the morning, but he should lay off the peanutbutter/nanner sandwiches just before bedtime.....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Githianki said:
Interested in how the two differ....looking forward to your report ( I see you ended up being the guinea pig) :D
So far the cold air extention was better. The only advantage I see is a slight, 1 mpg, increase with the short ram pipe. On a side note, the intake resonates a light clicking noise out of the filter, not the engine itself, in second gear, quarter throttle at around 2000 rpm. It's louder with the cold air extention. I've been told by Injen tech suport that it is the fuel injector relays clicking. Not a real issue with me, but it is slightly noticable.

·
G6 Enthusiast
28 Posts
I have the injen intake also. I got a little worried tonight it was raining pretty hard and there was some flooding so I switched it to the short version to avoid the water. The switch only takes about 15 min tops. I plann on keeping both pipes on me just have the one not used in the trunk with my tools to change it back and forth according to weather. I am also waiting for the pre filter, I just don't want to suck up water. Nothing like a little extra security.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What is the measurement of the filter for the injen? I want to order the intake and the hydro shield at the same time.. but i need to know the filter measurements.. thanks alot if someone can answer this for me..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
rgarofalo said:
I am also waiting for the pre filter, I just don't want to suck up water. Nothing like a little extra security.
I found one site that carries it

Injen Hydroshield

By the way, do you have the fuel injector clicking noise coming out of your filter after the car comes up to temp and around 2000 rpm's with quarter throttle? Thanks..........

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
rgarofalo said:
i will check on that i haven't noticed it Is it real loud or do you neeed to be next to the filter to hear it
I only hear it with the cold air extention on because the bumper well amplifies the sound. Only clicks at that RPM range for a few seconds. Injen has assured me that it is the fuel injectors making the noise. It only comes from the filter itself, not the engine. You should be able to hear it with the windows down very slightly. Let me know, thanks............

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
thunkele said:
What is the measurement of the filter for the injen? I want to order the intake and the hydro shield at the same time.. but i need to know the filter measurements.. thanks alot if someone can answer this for me..
The measurements are, 6" wide base, 5" tall, 5" wide top, part number is PTX-1013.

·
G6 Enthusiast
28 Posts
i will check it when i switch it over to cold air agin im just in a rainy week here.

did you notice it whistling when in short ram? Its between 2000-3500 rpm

·
G6 Enthusiast
28 Posts
yes you hear the injectors i noticed in short ram also however in the short ram is sounds deeper.

has a scary time today had to go trough a foot of water to get home. Nothing bad happened just was pretty nervous

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.