Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello brothers (& sisters).

Thank you for setting up this website! I've been reading it regularly since the spring.

I first saw the G6 Coupe at the Los Angeles International Auto Show in January. It was only a protoype then, we couldn't sit in it or lift the hood. Planning I'd buy a new car this year, it's been on my 'short list' since.

Finally test drove a 'fully loaded' 2006 GTP yesterday for about an hour. It is a well made car.

I really appreciate the comments, advice, and photos many of you have shared (especially those photos of the '06 Coupe with a dealer installed spoiler). I fully intend to share my experiences when I become an owner soon.

Still working on 'The Deal', and I'm patiently deciding which options my baby will have.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum! I couldn't help but notice that you said you're still in the process of negotiating. Well, I'm not sure what options you're gonna get, but you shouldn't pay more than 24K for it. I got everything but the side airbags and adjustable pedals, and I paid that and some change, but I know I definitely could have got it into the 23s. I'm only 23 y/o, so I had my parents there to help me since it was my first brand new car, and my dad is an awesome negotiator. He said he could have got it into the 23s if my mom wasn't there, impatient as she is lololol.

Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
well, the two options I didn't get come to about $900 I think. So you should still be able to get one for under $25,000.

Mike
Mine was stickered $28,122 and they came down to $25,900. I too think I could have gotten a better deal, but they kindof had me where they wanted me since I had my mind made up what I wanted and there wasn't another one like it in the state. Now that more dealers have them you could probably do better.

IMOHO, it's a blast to drive. I love toying with cars going up a hill who get in the other lane thinking they can pass me. :D The wide torque band and gearing makes it seem really quick vs. the other cars I drove with similar HP specs.

Just like Mike; as far as I know, the only options I didn't get were the side air bags and adjustable pedals. And I'm lovin' the dealer installed spoiler. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Classic, where in LA do you live. I grew up around Hermosa Beach/Redondo Beach. Haven't been back in 10 yrs. I have to say, Calif beaches have the most beautiful women in the world!!! Let your fingers do the walking, go online and get some quotes from Vegas, ect. Most dealers will match, if they don't, then get a new car and have your first roadtrip at the same time..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts