Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 GT with #15833071 Monsoon amplifier.

My Father's G6 is making an incredibly loud high pitched sound seemingly from all drivers side speakers.

I've tried powering the radio (stock HU) off.
Pulling the radio fuse.
Took a wire brush to the two ground wires near the interior fuse box.
Cut ignition and pulled key out...yes it persists even when no one's in the car!
Finally I unplugged the amplifier...it stopped

I'm ripping my hair out. Hoping SOMEONE, anyone...has heard of this problem before.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
295 Posts
2007 GT with #15833071 Monsoon amplifier.

My Father's G6 is making an incredibly loud high pitched sound seemingly from all drivers side speakers.

I've tried powering the radio (stock HU) off.
Pulling the radio fuse.
Took a wire brush to the two ground wires near the interior fuse box.
Cut ignition and pulled key out...yes it persists even when no one's in the car!
Finally I unplugged the amplifier...it stopped

I'm ripping my hair out. Hoping SOMEONE, anyone...has heard of this problem before.

Thanks guys!
Ekim401,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Would you please PM me your VIN, so I can look into this further for you?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is the solution?. I cannot stand the sound as much as I cannot stand not having music. I will sell my 2007 g6 gt before I give up my music

·
Registered
2010 G6
3 Posts
2010 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L V6. I"m having the same problem with my car, but only when i go through car wash is when it starts. Even when car was off the loud high pitch noise continued for a few. Now only one speaker works and that's the passenger front. one in back comes on a little. Wish i knew what causes this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2010 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L V6. I"m having the same problem with my car, but only when i go through car wash is when it starts. Even when car was off the loud high pitch noise continued for a few. Now only one speaker works and that's the passenger front. one in back comes on a little. Wish i knew what causes this.
Take the amp out of the trunk, open it up and check for moisture.

Had to buy a used amp off eBay and mounted it away from where the water was coming in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went through this and after long hours of tedious study online and even taking my G6 to 4 shops to be looked at this is the problem and solution:
The amp in the trunk on the passenger side behind the carpet is bolted directly under the seam of the trunk. Water leaks into the crack of the trunk and right on top of your amp. If your amp still works great. Unbolt it and move it away from the seam before it's too late. I replaced my amp and everything was fine I did move the amp away from the seam and it has not happened since. Hope this helps. And again this is the problem most assuredly

·
Registered
2010 G6
3 Posts
I went through this and after long hours of tedious study online and even taking my G6 to 4 shops to be looked at this is the problem and solution:
The amp in the trunk on the passenger side behind the carpet is bolted directly under the seam of the trunk. Water leaks into the crack of the trunk and right on top of your amp. If your amp still works great. Unbolt it and move it away from the seam before it's too late. I replaced my amp and everything was fine I did move the amp away from the seam and it has not happened since. Hope this helps. And again this is the problem most assuredly
Thank You I Will Have That Looked At. I Appreciate All The Help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts