Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else been having problems with the Low coolant reminder showing up on the DIC upon a cold start? Mine just started doing this about a week ago, my coolant is not low, and it turns off within a minute before I start driving off down the road.

·
Registered
86 Posts
a lot of people seem to be having this problem. it has only done it once on mine. so far people are claiming that their resevoirs are full but the message shows up. could be a sensor or just the way the system is. i wouldn't worry too much about it. as long as you check and the level is correct and you don't visually see any coolant leaking out you should be alright.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Shouldn't have to add coolant on a car that is so new unless there is a leak or a water pump starting to fail. Usually before the water pump fails completely, it will spit out coolant when the car is turned off through a vent hole on the pump. Check for a pool of coolant the next time you drive the car maybe?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep, add mine to the list. First cold day here and the message flashed for about 1 second then dissapeared. If it persists ill be bringing it in for a new DIC. :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
There have been problems a sensor. Have it checked out at your dealership. I had the same problem with my '05.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Low Coolant

Mine did this once also, but it wasn't cold. I drove it to the store, was in there 10-15 minutes, came back and there it was. I checked the coolant level, it was fine. Haven't seen it since. (Knock-knock on fake burlwood trim)

·
Registered
75 Posts
New news about the "low coolant" problem. After seeing that message on my DIC about 20 times i decided to look under the hood, alas, the reservoir was low, below the fill cold line. Filled to the line, warning has never come on since. Just when your ready to blame a computer (i was anyway) turns out the cars computer was just warning me and not malfunctioning.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Johns77 said:
New news about the "low coolant" problem. After seeing that message on my DIC about 20 times i decided to look under the hood, alas, the reservoir was low, below the fill cold line. Filled to the line, warning has never come on since. Just when your ready to blame a computer (i was anyway) turns out the cars computer was just warning me and not malfunctioning.

LOL!

Just as long as the 3500 isn't doing what it's older brother used to...

speaking of that, hows that 3500 run?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Johns77 said:
Which brings us back to where is the coolant going?

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Big Joe said:
ahh 60 degree engines and their various coolant problems.. It only gets worse from here Im sorry to say.
Ahh, words of comfort.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Greetings from the shadows folks! This morning I too had this appear on my DIC along with the message ICE POSSIBILITY. This was the car's first time as well. I looked into the owner's manual for guidance (not much in there...) & it stated to use DEX-COOL [or else]. I have yet to check under the hood, but did buy some coolant other than the recommended type - safe for use in all models & colors of coolant. I surely hope it isn't leaking. I've not noticed any such puddles anywhere.

Anyone have information on why we should use DEX-COOL :confused: I read an article about this coolant that says consumers are "steaming" about the stuff. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/gm_dexcool.html

·
Registered
30 Posts
Secondary Coolant Loop

I have just turn 100K miles on my 07 G6 and it has treated me well. I just noticed a coolant leak near a Delphi Part that may be a part of the "secondary coolant" loop. Do you know anything about a secondary coolant loop leak versus a water pump leak? Regards!

:)
Shouldn't have to add coolant on a car that is so new unless there is a leak or a water pump starting to fail. Usually before the water pump fails completely, it will spit out coolant when the car is turned off through a vent hole on the pump. Check for a pool of coolant the next time you drive the car maybe?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have just turn 100K miles on my 07 G6 and it has treated me well. I just noticed a coolant leak near a Delphi Part that may be a part of the "secondary coolant" loop. Do you know anything about a secondary coolant loop leak versus a water pump leak? Regards!

:)
I just took my 07 V6 to dealer to see why I was adding coolant everyday...turns out there is a service bulletin that the collant crossover pipe gasket needed to be replaced. Lucky for me I was still under the powertrain warranty. It's been a few days and my coolant has budged. Seems like I am getting a little bit low end power back as well. Thought this might help.

·
Electric Blue
21 Posts
My 07 G6 has been in for service with coolant leaks 5 times and is loosing coolant everyday again after onlyhaving it back 3 weeks from the dealer! I've contacted Pontiac and a Lemon Law attorney, not sure what I am going to do.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts