Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have. 2008 Pontiac G6 convertible and would like to install a lowering kit. Eibach does not make them to fit a convertible, we ordered a set but they didnt work properly. Does anyone where I can purchase or any info that someone has installed a set. ThanksGary

·
Registered
232 Posts
I haven't lowered my G6 vert, but I did lower a similar unibody vert ('99 Chevy Cavalier) using an Eibach kit. The results were poor. Unibody convertibles need all the wheel travel they can get and softer springs to soak up more of the impact rather than send it all to the chassis. On the Cavalier I owned, I only lowered it enough to make it more or less level as in stock form it sat higher than a sedan or coupe. I ended up removing the kit and reinstalling the stock springs (with the Eibach shocks) in the front and coupe springs in the back that that lowered it less than an inch in back. That worked much better. My G6 vert sits normal with the stock springs and I've left it alone aside from installing an STB (shock tower brace) to get whatever additional chasis stiffness I could. Good luck. - Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We also own a 2008 GXP, we lowered with Eibachs and put on 20" low profiles on it, looks fabulous

·
Registered
232 Posts
It's an attractive show car. I especially like the front and rear fascias. But, there's a fine line between "functional" and "practical" and I doubt the car is viable as a daily driver. I'd like to see it though (and look under it). Thanks for finding the photo.

·
Registered
44 Posts
No problem. I’m on the hunt to drop her tank booty and make sure it ride proper. I do notice how much the she rocks when the top goes back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have. 2008 Pontiac G6 convertible and would like to install a lowering kit. Eibach does not make them to fit a convertible, we ordered a set but they didnt work properly. Does anyone where I can purchase or any info that someone has installed a set. ThanksGary
I have a 2009 convertible. I also investigated this, but after performing some maintenance on the undercarriage, I came to the conclusion that I didn't actually want the car to ride any lower than its design. I could barely get a large floor jack under it as it is. I also didn't like its lowered forward stance, so I installed some rubber 1" X 1.5" rectangular spacers from O' Reilly's Auto in the front coil-overs to actually raise the front-end some. It took four spacers on each side to get a balanced effect, but greatly enhanced the look. It did not negatively affect the steering or shock performance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts