Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best lowering kit you can buy..And how low should i go on 17in rims..lowering the car with the coils?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Bump - I've seen a few kits out there at really good prices, seeing as well what everyone else has been able to do.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Depends on how low you want it go. Canucks is known to drop it about 2" or more while Eibachs drop it at 1.5"-1.7".

Look up some brands and type in Pontiac G6. They should tell you the average drop rate from stock to aftermarket.

·
Registered
441 Posts
from what I can find your 'ideally' wanting 1.5 in the front and 1.75 in the back - my question, anyone know about camber?

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
You wont have camber issues unless you have huge wheels and you're going really low. As far as I know the only person that had camber issues was a guy with 20's and the Canucks.

If don't want issues then I suggest a conservative drop, ie; Eibach.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think I'm going to go with the Eibach and look into some specifics on the camber. FYI - anytime you drop a vehicle by anything (even a .5 inch drop) will cause a higher level of camber. This is not always bad - Most front suspensions of passenger cars are designed in a way so that they gain positive camber while driving - although reducing the cornering power this increases the understeer by a huge amount and since understeer is much better than oversteer it makes sense.

I should have clarified my question more - I am looking at reaching a negative 1/2 angle camber to a negative .75 angle camber, does anyone know what the current setting is? i think its .25 but I'm not putting it in stone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i looked at some lowering kits i cant rember what brand it is but there was one post on a review were they were dropping there car 2.0 and they had to put a camber kit on there car. But the 1.5 dropp i didnt see any reviews were someone had to put on the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have two diffrent kinds they sell which ones did you go with?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts