Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought some used sprint 2" lowering springs from a guy on ebay who belongs to the g6performance.com website and the car looks great but rides like shit! It's to stiff and scrapes every damn speed bump or steep entrances. Your probably better off getting Eibach 1-1.5" springs. That's what I'm gonna do next or I may try to bag it. Also thinking of cutting and reinstalling the stock springs to lower 1". Does anyone on here now how many loops to cut to lower your car 1".

·
Registered
555 Posts
Does anyone on here now how many loops to cut to lower your car 1".
Dont quote me but i heard somewhere if your going to cut the spring make sure you cut it in "one" loop intervals if that makes sense. So cut one single coil round at a time. Probably not a good idea cuz if you screw up then you have to order new springs which are not very cheap. I think it would lower the car too much...at least our cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I've heard good and bad things about cutting stock springs to lower your car. Probably better off just buying a set. Does anyone know if 99-04 Grand Am lowering springs fit on a G6? I've got a set laying around that I wish I could put on me G6 but have a feeling they won't work. If I had to buy a set I would definitely go with Sprint for a lower drop.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yeah I've heard good and bad things about cutting stock springs to lower your car. Probably better off just buying a set. Does anyone know if 99-04 Grand Am lowering springs fit on a G6? I've got a set laying around that I wish I could put on me G6 but have a feeling they won't work. If I had to buy a set I would definitely go with Sprint for a lower drop.
They wont work cause are cars have different platforms.:(

I like the price of the sprint springs and the fact they lower so much but im worried about the rear camber.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They wont work cause are cars have different platforms.:(

I like the price of the sprint springs and the fact they lower so much but im worried about the rear camber.
Like I said guys, Sprint springs may look great but they ride like Sh*t, your better off getting Eibachs sport springs for a better ride. But if it's sprint springs you want, I'll sell you mine for $100 and then I can get the Eibachs for myself.

·
ASHLEYD
17 Posts
Dont quote me but i heard somewhere if your going to cut the spring make sure you cut it in "one" loop intervals if that makes sense. So cut one single coil round at a time. Probably not a good idea cuz if you screw up then you have to order new springs which are not very cheap. I think it would lower the car too much...at least our cars.
definately cut one single coil round!!!!! thats how mine was lowered we cut em but you got to keep in mind if you do it that way you will probably have to take more of the back ones so it sits level and it helps if you have a pal thats lowered a bunch too thank goodness for my pal Larry i'm not totally for sure but i think we took 2 coils off the front and 3 in the back would of totally dropped it but i kinda had to be able to pull in my driveway without scrapping the bumpers off lol good luck but i would go with the Eibachs know alot of friends that did and they love em

·
Registered
460 Posts
once I get the money together the G is getting H&R Springs with KYB GR-2 struts and springs. When doing brake pads I saw that the passenger front strut was oily so I figured perfect excuse for new suspension. Unfortunately tires come first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive got the 2.4l 4 banger and trying to just make it look better since i know im not going to get much power out of it anytime soon(suggestions). im getting the eibachs and doing a completely custom sound system throughout just so if my engine isnt loud atleast my stereo is. anyone have a stock set of 17x7 g6 gt wheels(4). riding with stealies and its driving me nuts.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Welcome to the site chiefredkorn! I too have the 2.4 4 banger but Honestly i'm pretty satisfied with it. Check it out!
Also these wheels are the stock steels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So i have an 07 G6 3.5L and im looking to put lowering springs on it. I found a nice pair of Tein lowering springs, but they're for an 07 G8. Are they able to be put on the G6 or are they a different strut?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
They should fit all years. Nothing changed between years. Maybe spring rate or dampening.
Any springs for any year g6 should fit any other year g6.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts