Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 G6 Rebuilt.

Hi, I really need the lumbar support but it seems to be too far to the left, unless it is 2 parts and I am missing one.

When I feel I am centered in the seat the LS is just to the left of my spine. It seems like there should be something on the right side, also.

How does the Lumbar Support feel on your cars?

Thanks,

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've had the seats pulled out and apart a couple of times.
I didn't take any pictures to reference.
The lumbar is a single unit where a cable pulls down and expands the lower back support. The lumbar support is a wire truss. The support is mounted by means of wires right and left. The support wires are pretty stout.
Mine feels pretty good left to right for a manual lumbar.
While I had my seat apart, I reinforced the bolsters with duct tape to firm them up, almost to much. I tightened up the back support wires a little too. You have to partially disassemble the lower cushion to even start on the seat back.
I can hear your thoughts, removal and teardown on the seat is like a 3-4 on a 5 scale process.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info. I may have to move to the left a bit....... or beat it with a hammer.....or not. :cool: Probably just retract it and use a lumbar pillow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I lowered it as far as it would go and leaned on it a bit. I tried it again. I have zero Idea about what happened but a solid form now seems to be pushing out across the back the way it should.

Knowing it was solid helped a lot, Thanks, davez 26

1 - 4 of 4 Posts