Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ClapDaddy50
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally,

After placing my order on April 12th, My Cat Back from Magnaflow is on its way.

Should arrive tomorrow and will install it on Thursday.

My G6/GT is a 2009 with the 3.5 and a top that likes to hide in the trunk on nice days. :D

Al

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
And sound clips.

Only 5 posts and already donated to the forums :p

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Yeah I wanna hear what it sounds like.

·
ClapDaddy50
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally,

After placing my order on April 12th, My Cat Back from Magnaflow is on its way.

Should arrive tomorrow and will install it on Thursday.

My G6/GT is a 2009 with the 3.5 and a top that likes to hide in the trunk on nice days. :D

Al
Well,

After the many months waiting, I have a few more days to wait.

It seems the Magnaflow system was NOT made for the Convertible :mad:

We found out when we placed it up to the current exhaust and it didn't quite match.

Called Magnaflow and they said it was ONLY tested on the Sedan and Coupe; NOT the Convertible. Claim the information is on their WEB. I checked and it did NOT say that the Converrtible was excluded. Even printed the latest instruction sheet and nothing was mentioned about the Convertible being excluded.

So my choices are to return it and find something else OR get a pipe locally and then install the system.

Going to try to do it.

BUT the BIG question would be, WHY did GM made the exhaust different on the Convertible? Seems like it would have been CHEAPER to use the one from the Other G6/GT 3.5s.

Will let you know if we get it to work.

Al

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Looking forward to the vid or sound clip which ever!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
For whatever reason, convertibles always have different engines and such than their sedan/coupe counterparts. I don't understand it at all.

If you look at the transmission options, convertibles only have one transmission option (manual) and their engines tend to be different in HP or a total engine block change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts