Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After being stuck in the worst snow storm of my life, my G6 was involved in an accident. No fault of mine as I wasn't even in the vehicle! I'm just so frustrated, angry, and sad. My car was mint condition now it's a banged up hunk of metal.

Insurance is covering the repairs which is around $4000!!! It needs a new hood, complete front bumper, etc... There's no structure damage which is a good thing I guess. The damage is all before the rad basically, all the lights still work but the front end is mangled and the hoods buckled.

The insurance company is sending out an appraiser next week to access the damage and talk to the owner of the body shop. No doubt they are going to push to have aftermarket parts replaced which I don't want on my car at all :( The owner of the shop said most of the parts will have to come from GM anyway but the appraiser will try and get the costs down as much as possible being a $4000 repair but he said I can refuse to have aftermarket parts put on. I'm just so confused and frustrated.....

The OPP issued a state of emergency, 300 people were stuck, stranded on the 402 highway for 2 days until helicopters started air lifting people out. All roads, highways, were shut down... one person froze to death!!! It's been the worst 2 weeks of my life and Xmas a week away, I don't have a Xmas tree or a single present for my son!!!!!!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,369 Posts
Sorry to hear. You could've sold some items to make cash for a present for your son. I have sympathy for the son for not having a present, but none for you. I saw you buy that Doctor Speed CAI recently which could've been cash for a present towards your son.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I didn't mean it that way. I've been stuck in another city for over a week so I'm just getting home and xmas is a week away. I have to drive a smashed up car in another snow storm so I can get a couple presents. This has been the worst series of snow squals that I can remember....

Hey but thanks for the kind words. Seeing as we could be dead... I don't think you realize how serious it was and the thousands of accidents that resulted from 2 weeks of snow squals.

·
G6ToPLeTBaCK~
29 Posts
sorry to hear that man.. i was actually just recently involved in a front end collision and i had after market halo projectors with hid kits in them and this is how it got covered..
they told me that i had to re buy the lights my self as they came off ebay and they dont have a company credit card to use for that, and they would reimburse me for it. in the mean time while the lights were being shipped, they basically used the front end of a different g6 and put it on mine (including the stock headlights). once i got my car back he even said i could keep the stocks they put in as well as my old headlights that were in the accident.. the only problem im still dealing with is apparently my 6 CD changer got damaged and they failed to notice this, so hopefully will be getting something with an ipod in aux to replace my old stereo unit :)

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,369 Posts
I didn't mean it that way. I've been stuck in another city for over a week so I'm just getting home and xmas is a week away. I have to drive a smashed up car in another snow storm so I can get a couple presents. This has been the worst series of snow squals that I can remember....

Hey but thanks for the kind words. Seeing as we could be dead... I don't think you realize how serious it was and the thousands of accidents that resulted from 2 weeks of snow squals.
I just read it that way. I'm glad the situation isn't so. It's just easy to read it as a financial problem since people can have issues with getting gifts for christmas.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nows your chance. For the price of OEM you can get upgrades!!!
What should I upgrade? I was thinking ram hood but it's a lot more than a new stock hood so they wouldn't go for that...

The halo projectors were never an interest to me either. I can't think of anything. I just want my car fixed. It's been a really stressful experience...

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
Look on the bright side, if you manage to wreck it up again, at least it won't be messing up a fresh repair!

After I stuffed my first car into a telephone pole sideways, I rebuilt it.

Two days after I finished repairing it I was T-boned by a Ford F-250.

Your son may be disappointed by a lack of presents, but at least YOU will be there, ALIVE.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, you are 100% right... we are BOTH alive and well!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey, good luck on the repairs. I know that defeated/bummed out feeling when something like that. Mine was stolen in DC from a valet parking garage. After the insurance company shelled out like 5-6 grand, I have a brand new looking car. Enjoy xmas!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GM just launched this new program "Bump The Competition" which means they are matching any aftermarket prices on parts through insurance on repairs done by any body shop.

They finally sent out an appraiser yesterday (almost 3 weeks later) so my 6er is closer to getting repaired. The original estimate was around $4000 which included all GM parts. Now the estimate will be much lower and less room for me to put on aftermarket grilles, lights, hood, etc... but at least I'm making some progress.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.