Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Pontiac G6 2.4L Base 110K Miles

I have a pretty serious steering issue going on. My car has the electronic steering assist. About 12K miles ago, I had it in the dealership to address the recall with the unit. They replaced the control module and torque sensors. Recently, at low speeds, I would have difficulty moving the steering wheel, as if the steering motor was weak. It would only happen at a crawl, when pulling into or backing out of a parking stall. I had no issues whatsoever under normal driving conditions. Today, I went to make a left turn, and the steering wheel got stuck mid-turn. I was able to force it and free it. I immediately took the car home and noticed that the steering wheel began to "jump teeth". That's the best way I can describe it, like gears jumping teeth. The steering wheel would turn, bind up, skip teeth, and it got to the point where the steering wheel is now crooked while the car drives straight down the road. I'll post a video of what's happening along with the horrible sound it's making. I'm thinking it's either an issue with the steering column or the rack & pinion. Any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.