Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys,

Has anyone had any issues with the MSM. When the Lever is on (M) manual mode I feel like the car runs like if it was on regular Drive. If I move the lever forward or backward once in (M) I don’t feel any change in the gears nor I see any indicators on the Odometer about the manual mode or even about the gears like the manual says

Thanks for the time..

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont see anything, no changes when i switch to M it all looks the same as if i was driving on Drive, Im not even sure what to look for, I only see the regular M for miles next to the milage

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just recently purchased the car, I was reading the manual on how to use it, i just dont know what to look for on the odometer, I dont see any changes on the indicators when i switch to (M) nor it shows on the manual book itself,

can anyone take a pic of the dash while in MSM to see where the gear indicators are at?
I was thinking could it be a fuse that needs to be replaced?

· Registered
34 Posts
the message is where you odomiter is. when u switch to manual mode, your milage should go away and it should come up with m1 at a complete stop. when shifting up that should go to m2 m3 and m4. as for it being a fuse issue, ive never heard of that so im not sure if it could be or not. i did a quick google search and came up with nothing. hopefully one of the more veteran people here can help you out :)

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, there is nothing that shows up but the regular millage, I do feel the transmission acts different when I am in the MSM but I cannot see anything as for gear indicators, the display is just as if i was in D :(

· Registered
1 Posts
I am also having a problem with mine. The Manumatic mode used to work, but then after an accident where my airbag deployed, the shop said they could not fix it because the wiring was "messed up from someone before" (my car is used). I was wondering if anyone knows where i can purchase a wiring guide, or if anyone has any experience with this sort of thing. It was really fun to drive.

· Registered
1 Posts
Now i dont know the solution for certain but i bought one with the airbags deployed and im willing to bet that getting the airbags replaces and the airbag modual reset would fix this. Its probably a safety measure that dissables certain functions in the case of an accident. Things like cruze control, any sort of alternative suspension modes or transmission modes like MSM. Ill update when i get mine fixed weather it fixed the problem or not. And im willing to bet that even if the wiring is "messed up" as the shop said you can still have the modual reset.

· Registered
18 Posts
Mine worked when i got it around 9 years ago. I had it in 1st gear last month as i was leaving work.. then the car stalled & it hasn't worked since. Im not sure what the issue is with mine either. Im just hoping that it didn't tear anything up when that happened? I really love this car!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.