Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
G6 Enthusiast
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i came across a 2007 G6 at a local "pull-a-part" with a manual trans in it. the car is beat to hell but the motor and tranny appear to be in "ok" condition. anyone think it would fit in my 06 g6 2.4l? with or without heavy modding or simply cant be done? If this may work, this would be a great steal pulling off a manual tranny for $150, so i thought i should ask

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
lol theres a lot more work than just buying it for 150.

and a manual in an 07 g6?...is it a gtp/gxp/ gt w/ sport edition or w.e?

i have only heard of those models having a mt.

even if it was as easy as unbolting one and putting the other one up there...your gona need to change a lot more....clutch, shifter and so on.

for what you gain....REALLY not worth the time or money doing little things like that to a g6. you may as well just trade in for a 6 that is already manual. save yourself the hassle, time, money...and your not gona have some mumbojumbo frankenstein.

·
G6 Enthusiast
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true. But ya know when i saw that car, alot was going through my mind at the moment and i like to stand out and be different. Thanks for the input though i appreciate it

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
stand out with some mods that are worth the cash! youll have to dump A LOT of money into a project like this.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yes. I looked into getting a 5 speed manual installed into my Durango R/T. Keisler Automotive at the time made a 5 speed conversion kit from the automatic, and even that was $4K before installation (all new parts of course). For the performance benefit you'll get, even getting a second hand transmission, a bellhousing to mate it to the engine, not to mention related hardware and a computer flash you're better off buying a used manual V6 car for the same price.

·
G6 Enthusiast
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, but as we all know that when our pontiacs get over 90000 miles on them, they are not worth much. Mine is about to peak 98k. so instead of trading in my car which i owe more than its worth, i mind as well keep it for the 2 years I have left on my loan, so i was just trying to find ways to get some performance out of my G6

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ha. Not worth much over 100K? Talk about not worth much at 35K lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts