Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Ive had this 07 Pontiac G6 for a couple of years, and Ive really wanted to put a manual transmission into it. Does anyone know where I can find a conversion kit, or if there is none, what parts do I need to do it myself?

Thanks guys.

· Professional geek
433 Posts
There is no kit to convert to a manual transmission on the G6.

The short list is that you would need the transmission (duh) plus the clutch, clutch master cylinder, hydraulic lines between them, the clutch pedal interlock switch (keeps you from cranking the engine unless the clutch is disengaged) a smaller brake pedal, a new insert for your console, shift knob and linkage, and possibly at least part of a salvaged wire harness as the newer models may not have the connectors needed to hook up the manual transmission.

I'd be more concerned about whether the car would run after you swapped the trans. Your car has the transmission control module integrated with the ECU. You might have to find an ECU from a manual trans-equipped G6. The ECU gets reprogrammed no matter what as gear ratios change (speed sensor) and the ECU has to be told it is coupled to a manual. And of course there is hooking up all the interlocks, gear sensors, etc.

It would be a pretty expensive conversion, maybe around 2 - 3,000 by the time you were done.

~ MattInSoCal

· Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Yeah what Matt said. I think the 07's did offer the manuals, so your wire harness may have the neccesary connections for the necessary sensors, and you should be able to have a dealership do the reprogramming of the ECU and the trans control module or it may need to be replaced (they are cheap though compared to a new ECU), but I would guess you would be in the same price range as Matt estimated, but you could talk to a dealership, junk yards, and price shop at www.gmpartsdirect.com.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.