Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of wrapping my G6 in matte black + plastidip rims as a weekend project sometime in July. What do you guys think? Would matte black work with the G6 sedan?

I also have some glossy black and carbon. I was originally thinking of doing a glossy black wrap on my original black paint. I don't think carbon would work with the G6.

Are there any matte g6's laying around? I can't find one on google for the life of me.

What color/finish do you think would work with the G6? I'm open to ideas.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
duuuuuuuuude.
I have been scratching my head for months trying to decide what color to wrap my G6 in, (ever since we wrapped a Lexus IS300) Everyone is telling me to just keep the current color I have.

BUT I googled Flat Black G6 and got this:

It gives you a good idea what you'll get. Personally I think flat black would look okay on the G6.

But I've been looking into some different matte finish colors, but every one I chose got shot down by everyone haha.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
duuuuuuuuude.
I have been scratching my head for months trying to decide what color to wrap my G6 in, (ever since we wrapped a Lexus IS300) Everyone is telling me to just keep the current color I have.

BUT I googled Flat Black G6 and got this:

It gives you a good idea what you'll get. Personally I think flat black would look okay on the G6.

But I've been looking into some different matte finish colors, but every one I chose got shot down by everyone haha.
Oh man, I actually don't find that attractive. The G6 sedan body makes unique paint jobs look lame. It's the front bumper that ruins the car for me haha.

Planning to do a gloss black wrap first, then transition some panels to matte, leaving some glossy black trims.

It's going to be hard to find a color/finish that would work with the g6

edit: Thinking of adding the garage sealer (ez-lip) mod from homedepot to the front bumper, hopefully it'll make the front look better for me.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
That's what I did to my front bumper. The garage seal lip, but from menardes. and yea unique colors don't seem to fit the body styling very well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just found the perfect vinyl to use.
Black brushed aluminium. It's black, doesn't scream "look at me," but at the same time it does. Nothing "ricer" about it, just nice and elegant. I think it would look great on the G6 + some carbon accents (on the mirrors, side skirts maybe, roof?).

Thinking of ordering a roll sometime next week!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought of doing this myself a matte color of some sort but I agree. The front bumper needs to changed. I'm getting a cool looking bumper from auto parts warehouse. They have a cool selection. Also getting a hood with a double vented scoop looks a lot like the one common on a newer pontiac firebird. I want custom rims as well, but was wandering if there were any rims off of other cars that would fit with no problems?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought of doing this myself a matte color of some sort but I agree. The front bumper needs to changed. I'm getting a cool looking bumper from auto parts warehouse. They have a cool selection. Also getting a hood with a double vented scoop looks a lot like the one common on a newer pontiac firebird. I want custom rims as well, but was wandering if there were any rims off of other cars that would fit with no problems?
Can you link to the bumper you're talking about? I'm only seeing stock g6 bumpers

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Yeah, I dig that matte black. Wouldn't do it to mine but looks sick none-the-less. I might go for matte black on the roof.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts