Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 09 G6 gt 3.5 AT. been getting a weird metallic burning smell from the front of the car????? it's not the brakes. and i notice it's been running like crap the past few weeks..not at full power from the engine..i know the computer will cut some of the power to the engine when there is a problem?? nut no check engine light is coming on and no other messages. any ideas??????? i can also feel something different in the accelerator pedal..like a humming or vibration when my foot is on it??? any ideas?????????

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Check cat converters, sounds like a hot one and plugged.
Totally sounds like a bad Cat to me. Probably plugged and just cooking itself away. If you have less than 80,000 miles on it then it should still be covered by your Emissions warranty.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
...and i notice it's been running like crap the past few weeks..not at full power from the engine..i know the computer will cut some of the power to the engine when there is a problem??
That is limited to problems in the throttle actuator control system & you'll get a warning message on your DIC. Good call on the bad cat diagnosis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts