Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a silly question, but my friend and I just installed an aftermarket stereo with the metra 99-3303 wiring harness and everything works great. The only problem I have is that the backlighting of the LCD display for the DIC is lit during the day when I don't need it, and NOT lit at night when I DO need it. Is there a way of resetting this or fixing it? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At night, it doesn't light up at all, but during the day, it is very evident that it is lit up. My friend did all of the wiring while I took the car apart, so I don't really know if he wired something incorrectly.

·
Registered
237 Posts
There is no illumination wire on the factory harness nor Metra. I'll say one thing, I've had the Metra about 1 week and I'm very unhappy with it. The buttons are complete junk. They have to be pressed "just so" in the center of the pad or they won't recognize. When the contrast is changed the display flickers so I have to set it at full contrast or no contrast. Anything inbetween and the entire display flickers non stop. I turn the backlight off totally just so I don't have to see the ugly white lcd. I don't understand why a little more quality couldn't go into this design. It will be getting hacked up and stuck in the glovebox very soon.

Your dimmer switch on the dash should also adjust the brightness on the Metra, which is dependent with the contrast/brightness you have set on the Metra display. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts