Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 2006 g6 GTP and I ab so looootly LOVE this car. However, recently it started missing badly. It comes and goes. I took it to the shop and they said "cant fix what we cant find". THAT DAY it wasnt doing it! It is a bad miss in #4 cyl from idle to high speed. At 60 mph it feels like your on a bumpy road but its the engine missing. It is a 6 speed manual and it happens thru every gear. But it DOES accelerate okay (kinda???)........... my shop guy said maybe coil pack or ign module. He checked wires and said they are ok.............................HELP PLEEEEEEEZ!!!

thank you
gregpeddie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CEL has been on for a while but I thought it was the gas cap..... Codes are........ wires, spark plugs, coil, fuel injector, vacuum leak..........................???????? wires and plugs have been checked. weird thing is that it comes and goes but mostly COMES!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANK YOU VERY much for your help Sir!!!!!!

CODES ARE P0304 for the miss and another is PO449 for ( the gas cap I believe)

greg

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
CODES ARE P0304 for the miss and another is PO449 for ( the gas cap I believe.
2006, g6, 6 spd manual
misfire on #4
wires and plugs have been checked
Codes: P0304 & P0449
engine unknown
mileage unknown

304:
If the wires & plugs have been eliminated as culprits then I would look at the #4 injector. Is it firing? Is it clogged?

449:
Probably the evap vent solenoid but it could also be it's circuit. This will not affect driveability.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your help!!! My mechanic said he checked the plugs but I guess he didnt..... The #4 spark plug was SHOT!!!!! I replaced that plug and the car runs like a top again!!!!!! PERFECT!!!!! Thank you guys!!! ( also makes me wonder about the other 5 plugs) ?????

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Thank you all for your help!!! My mechanic said he checked the plugs but I guess he didnt..... The #4 spark plug was SHOT!!!!! I replaced that plug and the car runs like a top again!!!!!! PERFECT!!!!! Thank you guys!!! ( also makes me wonder about the other 5 plugs) ?????
Replace your mechanic. The first place you look with a 304 is the plug. Maybe he preferred to pad the bill throwing parts at it on your dime.

I'd check/replace the other plugs.

What exactly did #4 plug look like? Got a picture? It could well indicate other problems.

I assume you still have a 449.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts