Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i heard that MMIs ( motor mount intakes ) are a good investment for the car. anyhow, i do not know what is their use, how much do they cost, where can i get them, and how do i install them? i heard they are cheap and good thats all. i would like more information if possible. thanks alot.

·
Registered
331 Posts
racingline.com

They keep the engine from moving so you get your power faster.
the engine moving is wasted power.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahhhh thank you very much guys and btw waterfowler thats exacly the post i was looking for. thanks :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
HMMMMMMMMM....... these may be my next performance mod..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
one problem. i am very scared of screwing up my engine by installing these MMIs myself lol. do you guys think that it would be better to get them installed by a GM dealer? and would they do it?

btw: with this ocasion ima get also a strut bar for my 6 :) this way i wont need to pay the shipping twice ^_^

edit: racingline shows that the MMIs are sold in sets of 2. Do i really need 2 sets? or is the 2nd set just for spare. cose if so, ill try to make a deal with them and tell them that i would only like to buy one + the strut bar.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is it ok if i get just the front MMis? because i do not have the tools to lift the car and the engine to go under it and put the 3rd mount

1 - 9 of 9 Posts