Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Black G6 GT Loaded and love it. I recently blacked out my windows threw a flowmaster on it, and had a custom intake made for it... It fly's.. I dyno tested it before and after. Before is 160 at the wheels and now I am up to 185 at the wheels and about 225hp at the crank. I will have pics soon. Awesome car getting the hood soon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bought a K&N cone filter and had a performance shop make the intake. I straight piped it into a flowmaster 40 series mounted the same as the orignal muffler. Took out the resonator thats towards the center console as well. I had the dyno results done so make fun but stats dont lie. Thats one advantage of having it custom done , it isnt made by the store or a piece of plastic. I will have pics soon, sorry you think I lie. just sharing info.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Code 8 said:
Bought a K&N cone filter and had a performance shop make the intake. I straight piped it into a flowmaster 40 series mounted the same as the orignal muffler. Took out the resonator thats towards the center console as well. I had the dyno results done so make fun but stats dont lie. Thats one advantage of having it custom done , it isnt made by the store or a piece of plastic. I will have pics soon, sorry you think I lie. just sharing info.
First off noone is calling you a liar by any means. But honestly now a days you have got to have pictures or something to show us. Maybe you did get 25 horsepower from that more power to you. All I am saying is that I dont beileve it and that is my opinion take it or leave it. I will tell you though if you did get that much I am standing firm until I see pics!! :p

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for the pics. They followed the stock exhaust route, put in a 90 degree bend, then a 14 inch flowmaster muffler. It should work with a 14 inch stainless Magnaflow then. Did they use 2.5 inch pipe or stick with the 2.25 size? As far as the intake, looks like they used a silicon MAF adapter for the open cone filter with a plastic heatshield. What size cone filter did they use? Can you take a pic without the shield on it?

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Somehow, I just can't believe a 25 hp increase from the mods that you listed. :confused:

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.